I. Solution

« Pov: Aarvi »

"Miss Malhotra, I don't want to hear any silly excuses. The new app has to be launched on the same date as planned." A man yelled at me as I buried my face in my palms in disbelief.

The next action of his was to turn the Tv on while I stared at the sky blankly as the last forty eight hours of my life flashed in front of my eyes.

"Breaking news. The new app launched by the Metaverse corporate industry has beaten the record and become the fastest downloaded app in the history of games. Indeed, the app just has witnessed five million downloads in less than forty eight hours."

"Turn that off! Will you?" I snapped annoyedly doubting almost every person I know.

To give you a short resume about my life, I have to first start with my family. To begin with, I am Aarvi Malhotra, daughter of a non-residential Indian couple. My parents and my overachieving, never tired of judging relatives live in Oxford. The first thing I did when I turned eighteen was to move out from my conservative household. My orthodox family believes too much in religion, astrology and every traditions that go with it. Trust me, moving out from there was a delight.

I now live in London, in an apartment on the thirty sixth floor, situated in the town center. Oh that is costing me a fortune of rent but I earn pretty well. Indeed, I am an independent woman.

Coming to my professional life now, I love coding and I would say I am really creative. Therefore, I became an independent app developer. The last two apps I have launched were basically blockbuster hits. The first one was a zombie apocalyptic game and the second was a food delivery app. To my third app, I got an offer from a transnational corporation called Arcades. They gave me some good money that I respectfully used to buy a Range Rover Évoque. The rest of my money is being saved to buy my dream penthouse in London.

In less than two months, I need to launch my new third app to stay in the field. As you know, these app world is a competitive profession. You have to always come up with new ideas or else, your career is over.

"Miss. Malhotra, you have about two months to present me the new app or else, you have to pay your advance amount back" My boss, technically sponsor, ordered placing his chin on his fingers, in a business tone.

My life was going great, until I mysteriously discovered that an opponent company has launched a new app, that has exactly the same idea and features of my upcoming app. My app got leaked. As I tried to explain this phenomenon to this potato faced idiotic boss, he doesn't want to listen to me.

"Do you understand what I am saying? My app got leaked. Exactly the same one I was supposed to give to you" I stated, keeping my calm. Everything will be alright Aarvi. You'll be great.

"Well then work on a new app." He ordered with a confused face. What does he think an app is? Some Lego buildings blocks you just assemble for five days? No, it is not. An app is a million and million lines of codes that has to be written by a human hand. These brainless corporate dogs won't understand how much people work and dig in their brain to come up with new shits.

"Sir, I can't work on a new app now. It would take too much time to even set the basic firewalls for the app. I don't have enough time for that. Come on! You're smarter than this" I stated in annoyance trying to come up with a solution. Great. My life sucks.

"Listen Aarvi, I understand your situation. But we are both struck. Arcades has already made announcement about the launch of a new app in two months. Your idea was a revolutionary one that would have made everyone awestruck but now, that app is not yours. Someone else launched it first." He started standing up from his seat.