XII. Foundation

Nine months later...

« Pov: Author »

"Great job, Aarvi. Finally, your workaholic habits helped you more than I thought they would." Professor Lee stated taking a seat beside Rohan in the same table as in which Aarvi was sitting. She smiled at him weakly.

"Thank you professor. I am answering in Aarvi's place because she has been on words economy mode since the last nine months..." Max exclaimed flying above Aarvi's head.

It's been nine months since she witnessed the hardest emotional moment of her life. Her app was published and became indeed, as she has expected a sensational hit, to the point it beat the record and became the most downloaded app in twenty four hours. Aarvi's professional dream was finally happening. She has been getting offers from the greatest international corporations. However, she preferred to stay in London and work from home.

An usual Aarvi day would go like this. She wakes up, has breakfast in one of the bakeries, go home and code until she was enough hungry to cook something for herself and eat alone before starting to work back, have dinner and sleep again.

It was an important day for all of them as Aarvi was launching her fifth app. It was a milestone. In the last nine months, she finished coding for two new apps that were also a revolutionary hit.

"Don't bother yourself Max. She has been an absolute idiot, we know." Jannat ensured sitting beside Aarvi, glaring at her madly. Her friends were indeed mad at her for the sudden change she has showed them. Aarvi shrugged fiddling her necklace's pendant. "Madam wouldn't invite us home or hang out with us anymore." Jannat ranted slapping Aarvi's hand.

Aarvi had enough of all their rantings. She stood up from her seat and walked toward the terrace, observing the Tower bridge calmly. "What is happening to her?" Professor Lee questioned noticing the previously bundle of joy they all know.

"Have you heard from Ash?" Vaishnavi questioned back. As the name of Ash came up, Aarvi's concentration on the bridge was perturbed. For a second, his face flashed in front of her eyes, bringing an unknown smile on her face.

"No. Why is Ash coming up?" Professor Lee started when Rohan interrupted both of them.

"Oh Professor! Madam was madly in love with a man who she knew for only two months. And for some reasons, Madam broke up with him and now is suffering. But she has too much ego to forgive him and to be happy with him!" Vishal exclaimed loudly so that Aarvi can hear how mad they were for breaking up with Ash.

"Oh? So Aarvi is still in love with Ash? Is that why she hasn't modified any programmation Ash did to me?" Max exclaimed confusedly.

As the author of the book, I can confidently confirm that Aarvi was still madly in love with Ash. She hasn't even showed interest in any other man than Ash ever since he left. Her work was her priority. And it was because she misses Ash too much that she didn't modify Max's programs since the last nine months.

"Yes. Madam is still, head over heals, in love with Ash. If you don't believe me, ask her. She can't even lie properly." Vishal stated loudly.

"That's why she is not horny as well?" Max questioned again when Jannat nodded.

Rohan and Vishal did go to see Ash to punch his face and Ash was more than happy to let them punch him for whatever he has done to Aarvi. And it's the fact that Aarvi was stubborn that annoyed them the most.