VIII. Connection

« Pov: Third person »

Three days... Three long days... The first night in separation of each other didn't really bother Aaru as she spent most of her time working in the plane nor Ash who worked on the list Aaru gave him. They both pretty much slept at night and the next day came.

Ash woke up on his own, snoozing the first alarm his ears heard. Rather than going back to sleep, he sat down, remembering how his Aaru wakes him up. She would always caress his hair then speak one of those cheesy cliché British greeting in her perfect British accent after making coffee and sometimes breakfast for both of them.

He missed all of that. She did leave Max in his company so that he doesn't feel bored. This might be the first time she left Max with any other human being than herself. "You can say good morning in your fake British accent if that helps... not missing her!" Max ensured noticing how solemn Ash was.

Ash smiled at Max's attempt and rubbed his eyes. "Good morning Max!" He said in his usual American accent and jumped into the bathroom. After doing his morning chores, he made coffee and sat on the desk with Max. They both started coding at pretty early in the morning and it continued.

Ash would steal a glance at his phone time to times in order to check if he's received any notifications from her. Every time a small voicemail from her side popped into his chat, his face brightened up with a smile. And it was only the first day. He was about to text her but at the last minute decided to change his mind and copy his love's way.

Slipping the voicemail icon above, he placed the phone near his mouth and spoke. "This might be the only time I send you a voicemail so enjoy! I just started the work on the user input collection and it's going pretty well. Not to forget, I modified Max's programmation because his company feels great. And your absence feels depressing. Anyways, let me know when you're done. I miss you already. I love you Aaru!"

The whole day was spent with him coding, running the code again and again, find an error then correcting it again and re-running it until he saw a positive response. He was too lazy to cook, therefore he ordered pizza that he only had the half in. When Aarvi was there, she would either make food on her own or force him to help her to prepare a meal. And when he was enough in advance of the app work, he would surprise her with a meal he prepared on his own.

"Looks like the last voicemail wasn't the only one! Aaru... How can we convert the user input year from a string to an integer to calculate a uniform data type? Answer me... I'm on the verge of jumping from a mountain! Aarvi Malhotra, I hate you for making me work in London! That too alone! Bye!" Even before he could know it, it was Ash's seventh voicemail in six hours to Aaru. He did try to not bother her but he failed miserably.

Feeling emptiness, he pushed himself away from the table and stared at the bed. He remembered the moment Aaru became just more than a boss to him or partner to him.

"Ash... Are you sure you can do it? I don't mind helping you!" Aarvi said coming from the washroom. It was not even the second week they started working together.

Due to the sea diving he has done, though Aarvi warned him to not do it, he was having a slight fever. However, he didn't really feel comfortable stopping his adventures or plans for a slight fever. Aarvi noticed his dry lips and dark circles under his eyes. "Yep! I gotcha" He replied hiding the fact that he was suffering.