III. Exploration

« Pov: Aarvi »

While I was completely lost looking out for some random guy who I didn't know was still alive or not last week, this week was spent in the most adventurous and crazy way. I canceled my flight ticket back to London and stayed two more days in Seoul, with Ash.

His next destination was Hong-Kong and then Sri Lanka. I did follow him wherever he went. He liked to discover new stuffs and explore new things while I stayed with my laptop, trying to find a new idea. After every experiences or new things he discovered, he would write it down or stick a picture on a large sketchbook. I questioned him about it. It was his travel book. Now, we were on our way to Dubai. Apparently, he has a sick adventure to do and i just nodded.

"How about a game in which you get locked in a maze and to get out, you have to solve the enigmas? Like..." I questioned Ash who was writing something in his journal.

"The word you're looking for is an escape game. We have thousands of escape games. What's new in this one?" He cut me off, removing his headset. I hated the fact that with him, i always had to think harder. He has been rejecting all my ideas since the last four days. He is freaking unsatisfiable.

"What if your friends from real life or social medias can help you while you're connected?" I asked after thinking for a while.

"No. Come on Vi, think harder! This app will make people be obsessed with it maybe for two weeks and then boom! No one will care..." He explained parking the car we were in for a few hours. We both stepped out of it when another idea popped in my head.

"What if there are different levels? Like layers and layers of escape games?" I questioned and he shook his head again, rejecting my idea. "Honestly, i just feel like you don't wanna work so you're trying to find silly excuses..." I stayed folding my arms.

Removing his shirt, he approached me slowly. Don't worry, he was wearing a tank top on. "I love your ideas. They're all unique but not great enough to be loved by everyone. I know you're capable of doing much more things... You're more talented than you think you are so come up with something that's going to blow my mind. Also can i ask you a question?" He explained then asked me calmly to which I nodded, sitting on the car bonnet. He approached me closer and placed his arms beside my thighs. "Why are you so keen on making people stay in your app? Apps are made to help people, not the other way around"

"Because people don't see how great the virtual world is. In real world, they're fake but in virtual one, everyone becomes this wonderful personality they've always wanted to be" I explained removing my coat while he just stared at my face.

"Behind a screen, we also have pedophiles, rapists, terrorists and people who harm others..." He replied helping me with my coat as my hair was struck with a button of it.

"Are you saying that in the real world, there aren't?" I questioned back to which he shook his head.

"No. Okay, what I am trying to say is that apps are far from reality. Reality is better" He informed ready to step away when I held his hand and brought him closer.

"How? You have taxes to pay, need a job to survive. There are wars..." I explained and he chuckled at my examples.

"Close your eyes." He ordered suddenly approaching me dangerously close.

"Why?"

"Just do it!" Max ordered flying above both of us. I rolled my eyes at the both of them and closed my eyes.

"I find you extremely pretty..." Ash started to which I chuckled. What is he trying to say?

"And..." I encouraged keeping my eyes closed. I heard his lips just an inch away from my ear and his perfume was already mingling with mine. Is it possible to hear his lips? But I promise I did.