XIII. Evolution

« Pov: Author »

Aarvi's separation with Ash was the result of her anger. She indeed broke up with him and it was justified according to her. Well, it is. Dishonesty can't be justified, no matter what the reason is. But the unexpected thing that happened between both of them is that they fell in love. They were madly, deeply and passionately in love with each other. Though they knew each other only for a short time, and their separation lasted more than their actual relationship, they have always been connected and Aarvi knew it.

Her anger at him lasted for about ten months. And eventually, she ended up forgiving him. What mantra did she use? Nothing much. She waited patiently until her anger faded away little by little, until she could accept him and lastly, put her feelings into words on a paper. She accepted him despite all his defaults and this stupid mistake he did was one of them for her. She took time to realize it but now that she did, she didn't want to take more time to punish him anymore.

She was back to square one with one task. Finding Ash. The last time, no one heard from him for about a whole year and she didn't even know if he existed or not. But this time, she knew him better than anyone and everyone else. She knew how he thinks, how he feels and what he feels.

She needed only one thing to get her going to him. She was able to find him with an email id he didn't use for a longtime but now, she needs to find him with all the memories they have built together.

She could have just called or texted him because if it was her, he would pick up the call and reply the message she sent even if it was a blank message the second his eyes see her name on his phone. However, she didn't want to have him effortlessly. If she is the one who broke up their relationship, then she has to be the one to fix it. He will be the one who fixed them. He didn't do anything extraordinary for that. He just waited patiently, understanding that Aarvi's anger was totally valid. Now, it was her turn to be understanding.

She first needed to have a lead. She had his number and all his social media accounts with their passwords. Finding him was easy. Her friends knew Ash hasn't been active on social medias since a very long time of six months so that was a lost hope. She needed one thread. One single thread that could take her to him.

After two days of complete reflection, her mind froze for a moment. She called Professor Lee to know his email id. The current one he used to contact their professor. Once she had it, it was easy. She tracked the locations of his latest activities.

Her first destination was Italy. Her friends thought she was stupid for doing a world tour trying to find a man while all she has to do is to call him. From Italy, by tracing down little by little his activities, she reached Luxembourg, then Greece, where she got taunted by her friends for being so unreasonable. That didn't seem to awake an enlightenment in her. She continued her trip till Thailand, where she met Mira again.

"He came here last month and I gave him the postcard you gave me. You're still in search of him?" Mira questioned as Aarvi sat on the couch. Aarvi recalled what she exactly wrote on the postcard.

Hi,
I am never forgiving you for making me such a stalker. You better be worth it, Ash!

From Aarvi.

This were the exact words she wrote an year ago to him. How could she possibly explain that he became her life after that little stalking hunt for him? That he was her home and family. "What did he say?" Aarvi asked with a weak smile. She wanted to see him.