Draft - League of Assassin's Lore

The League of Assassin's

Landscapes:
- While there's technically multiple hidden bases spread out throughout the kingdoms, the Headquarters is located deep in the desert. So there's pretty much nothing but sand. There are training rooms to prepare the assassins for different landscape types. There's headquarters, a base near the dark kingdom, a base near the tech Kingdom, and a base near the winter kingdom.

Weather/Climate:
- The weather for the most part is extremely hot and sunny. There's the occasional sandstorm, but it's nothing too horrible. They can adjust the temperature in the building, and use it for training exercises as well.

Flora/Fauna:
- There's little to no greenery at the main headquarters. Which is why they get potion ingredients from their other bases. The only flowers found near headquarters are rare and mostly deadly.

Wildlife:
- Most wildlife found is either deadly and untrained, or trained and deadly. The most common is snakes, which is why they're able to have a snake pit. They do have some animals they'll use in training, but not a lot.

Leaders:
- There's a leader for each base that they have. Sometimes there can be more than one depending on the circumstances. Leaders are handpicked by prior leaders. They either step up naturally, or they kill the leader and take power if they don't feel like waiting. Two known leaders were Jamil (Tyra's dad), and Chase and Elric's mother. Both of which lead the Headquarters. There's three other leaders for the other bases, all deadly too.

History/Conflicts:
- The League isn't associated with a specific kingdom, therefore they haven't been involved in most major wars. However, they obviously are not fond of the Light Kingdom because of what they represent. Obviously they're not the most well liked, but no one has ever been able to oppose them because they can't find the bases and when assassins are kidnapped they typically off themselves rather than submit to questioning.

Economics/Natural Resources:
- Resources differ depending on the base. Each base is self sufficient though and mainly profits based off their assassinations. It's also why failure is punished harshly because failure means a lack of profit.

Hierarchy:
- There aren't really classes like other kingdoms. There's the leaders of each base, there's little selected leaders or their apprentices, and there's the rest of the assassins. The leaders have absolute power regardless.

Culture:
- While there're multiple bases, when assassins are young they're all trained at headquarters. When they officially reach 18, they're auctioned to whichever leader wants them the most. That's who they end up answering to for the rest of their lives.
- Quitting the league isn't really an option. The only way out is to pay for it, and that's an unreasonable amount on purpose. The only other way out is through death.
- Assassin's are raised to believe their situation is hopeless and their lives are easily replaceable. It's drilled into them that obedience is the only way to live.
- Assassin's are also branded with the League of Assassin's symbol right before the auctioning.

Training:
- Training on assassins is harsh. Besides training in combat, weaponry, general knowledge, and magic, they're also trained to withstand torture in the event of being caught. They test potions that are poisonous and have to withstand the effects of it. They'll be woken up in the middle of the night and attacked as a training exercise. They will be tortured emotionally and physically in an effort to break them down and rebuild them into what they want them to be. Assassins are also trained in the art of seduction, which is what the red room is used for. They also have a room that adjusts based on the person controlling it, which only higher ups can adjust it. It could make the room fill with water, or freeze. It's for training.

The Red Room:
- It's main purpose is teaching assassin's how to seduce, which can be important to a mission. It can be used as a punishment as well. It's secondary purpose is it serves to breakdown the assassin's. It teaches them that their bodies belong to the League.

Punishments:
- Punishments happen often, and are always cruel. They can happen for a simple mistake or an actual failure. They can also happen for talking back to a leader. The most common punishments are the snake pit, a whipping, the red room, or more.
- There's also the isolation room. It's a tiny room that's pitch black and its purpose is to punish the failure of an assassin. They could stay there for a day, or even a week.
- The snake pit is exactly as it sounds. It's a pit full of snakes. It's an extremely harsh punishment and few actually survive it.

Arts/Entertainment:
- There's obviously not a lot of entertainment. Punishments serve as entertainment when they're public. They'll sometimes have assassins fight against each other for entertainment and the loser would be punished. Very rarely they'll host a banquet for just the assassins. There's obviously also the auction which happens every year.
- As a part of their training, assassins are required to learn some sort of arts as a skill. Most learn dancing as it's used in undercover missions when blending in among nobility. Some choose music though or art.

Magic:
- There isn't a set magic style used by the League. However, magic is almost always trained offensively and for how to kill other people. Healing magic is rarely taught at all among the league though.

Fashion:
- There's really no difference in fashion styles between the different levels of assassin. Everyone typically wears dark, form fitted clothing. They do have a room with costumes that can be used on missions.
- There's no set colors but they do typically represent themselves with the colors black and red.