Academy AU

Characters (sorted by houses)

Dark House

Maverick
Son of the family that founded the Dark House. He would probably spend most of his time studying, and is more gifted with magic than his brother. He'd likely not be that popular in the Dark House compared to his brother, and he'd stick with both Ivy and Sage. With the merging, he'd probably have a bit of a rivalry with Karter and would mildly flirt with him and Drew. Is it probably because his mother wants to create a bad image for the Light House? Yes. Does he sometimes show up with carefully covered cuts or bruises? Also yes. 

Ivy
Her parents work for Maverick's parents, and she's known Maverick for a very long time. She would likely also spend her time studying, but her magic is technically Light Magic. She hasn't mastered her powers yet. She sticks to Maverick and Sage like glue. She doesn't know about her feelings for Sage yet. 

Mathias
He's a total jock and partier, and he's the Head Student since he's older. He's constantly competing in tournaments, and while his parents like him a little more than Maverick, it doesn't really say much. He's more popular than Maverick is in the Dark House. He does purposefully rile up the Light Kingdom people. In front of his parents, he probably wouldn't interact with any of the people that work for his family. At school though, would he start a fight if someone was harassing Tempest, Vienna, or Nico? 100%. 

Vienna
She's currently in the Dark House, but it's possible that she'll be resorted into the Light House at some point. Her parents would be friends of Mavericks parents most likely. She probably does have a lot of random bruises on her that she doesn't explain. She's most likely always wearing some revealing version of clothing. She'll attend parties and flirt, but she doesn't like partying that much in actuality. She probably doesn't have very many friends, but is nice to people. Definitely more hesitant when it comes to Light Kingdom people. 

Talia
She's on the sportier side of the Dark House. Her parents don't work for Mavericks parents, but she does. She doesn't go to parties that often since she's always working some sort of job to try and help her family out. She doesn't have time for a lot of extra curriculars, but she's on the sporty side of things. She might end up getting resorted into the Winter House later. She's often seen skipping lunch because she can't pay for it, or walking everywhere since she doesn't have another method of transportation. 

Mercy
She'd be placed in the Dark House during the re-sort. She'd know of Chase, Tyra, and Andy, but it's unlikely that she'd have actually talked to them much during the merge. She most definitely spends almost all of her time during detention, and is a known hater of Mavericks parents. She's on the sportier side, but considers herself above participating in those kinds of academics. 

Tyra
She was placed in the Dark House during the re-sort, but it's likely that she'll get put in a different house once she experiences her character development. She grew up with her father. She'd know Chase, Andy, and Mercy, but it's likely that she'd keep to herself. She goes to parties, and doesn't care about interacting with the other houses, but she would be careful. She's somewhat flirty, and will probably end up flirting with Elric at a random party. She doesn't exactly do relationships. She does show up with random bruises though and will usually have it covered with a jacket. Her magic also tends to hurt her a bit. 

Andromeda
She'd be placed in the Dark House, but uncertain on if she'd actually end up moving houses. She most definitely does not talk to anyone unless she has to. She usually wears some form of glasses because she hasn't exactly figured out how to control the "turning people to stone" thing. She is probably struggling with her classes, but it's unlikely she'd tell anyone about it.