Spirit Kingdom Lore (Updated)

The Spirit Kingdom

Landscape:
- The Spirit Kingdom is up in their own magical realm technically, above the other kingdoms. It's surrounded by clouds and is it's own island along with a couple of mini islands. There's lots of mountains, waterfalls, etc. The landscapes are meant to have a little piece of each kingdom to it. 
- The landscapes are slightly impacted by whoever the Head of House is. With Clio as the Head of House, the forests are particularly lush.
- The landscapes can be dangerous though. The lands are filled with magical energy, and that tends to manifest into the land-forms. Some of the lakes have enchantments to them. 

General Geography:
- The Spirits live in a huge place/estate on top of the tallest mountain in the kingdom. Surrounding that palace are the homes of the guards, servants, tree tenders, and stonewall guards. Higher up on the mountain are where the spirits families live. At the very bottom of the mountain are where the villagers live. 

Weather/Climate:
- The weather is considered to be "perfect". It's never too hot or too cold. The kingdom cycles through all of the seasons since there were complaints from spirits in the past. The weather is impacted by the Head of House though, so when Clio is in a bad mood then there's more lightning storms than usual.

Flora:
- Due to the weather being relatively perfect, just about any type of plants can grow. The plants there are just replicas of what's down in the human world for the most part. However, there are a few plants that are specific to the Spirit realm. What's most popular are the trees. Within the main estate there's a tree that produces a special liquid that only the spirits can drink. In the very center of the main estate is the Tree of Life, which is a place people go to for wisdom. It's rumored that the tree can give select people visions of what's to come in the future. The Tree of Life is actually what selects who the Head of House is among the spirits, and it happens when the spirits are young. Only the spirits and a special group of people have access to the tree though. 

Wildlife:
- In the Spirit Kingdom, it's more common to find magical creatures than normal creatures. Most creatures found here are creatures that would be found in Greek Mythology. For the most part, the creatures are relatively tame.  However, there are some creatures that are extremely dangerous. Those creatures are either used in the arena for entertainment, or kept locked away on one of the floating islands. They're tended to by the servants. With Clio as the Head of House, there has been an influx of more dangerous creatures though. 

The Spirits
Dark Spirit/Head of House: Clio - Saraahmadeh
Light Spirit: Alora - Maya Hawke
Lunar Spirit: Cressida - Yael Shelbia
Sun Spirit: Haru - Minami Hamabe
Fall Spirit: Cormac - Jan Francken
Winter Spirit: Talvi - Emma Corrin
Spring Spirit: Davina - Amita Suman
Summer Spirit: Kesa - Alton Mason
Tech Spirit: Remus - Hugh Laughton Scott
Ocean Spirit: Meri - Ki Hong Lee

When the first kingdoms were created: Light, Dark, Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, Sun, Lunar, Ocean, and Tech; The people who created them each had their own spirit to represent them. It's all a bit of a mystery how the exact hierarchical structure became, but there's some books that can be found on it. Each of the original spirits had their own families though, and that caused their powers to be passed down with each generation. With each generation, a new Head of House is selected. Each Head of House has their own rules/ways of running things, however it's most important that a sense of order is maintained. 

The most common spirit to be selected as the Head of House is the Light Spirit. For what reason why, no one really knows. However, each kingdom spirit has been chosen at some point or another throughout time. 

History and Conflicts:
- The history of how everything came to be is argued about. Some people say that the Spirit Realm exists to keep the human world from falling to ruin. Others argue that spirits aren't meant to intervene, just to watch. There are books with the history of it, but they're lost deep within the libraries of the main estate. 
- The Spirit Realm has never really had conflicts with other places because it's secluded from the human world. However, conflicts have arisen within the realm itself. What typically brings the most drama is the selection of the Head of House. Some people think that a tree shouldn't decide who the Head is, which has led to some groups gathering and attempting to harm the tree.