A mother's goodbye Part 1

It's been a week since Amelia was cursed by the bitch-I mean maid. Chaos has engulfed the mansion, with a flurry of people rushing in all directions, their voices echoing through the halls. The atmosphere is charged with tension, bordering on madness. The Archduke himself is creating quite a commotion, demanding the majority of the servants' attention to cater to Amelia. And he's gone out the house at least 20 times this past week already.

All because of Amelia,, his beloved wife.

Thanks to the Archduke order, there's been barely anyone to to take of me- minus a couple of maids.

Well, that also has it's advantage's; the 3 little bear pigs, my brothers the supporting characters, having constantly visited me. Like now. 

"Nivia~ Look at brother~~~" Said the youngest of the 3 pigs, Ash.

Yes, they've been coming to my room ever since Amelia was cursed. It can't been help, right now, there only children. All of the chaos must has scary them them.

With a big smile on my face, reached my hands for them, 

"borthas, borthas! (brothers, brothers)"

She cutely babbled to the little kids crowding around her cradle. They all laughed in response, smiles enriched on their innocent, handsome faces. The air around them was happy and peace, unlike the rest of the mansion current. 

However, in animist of their fun, the door suddenly swung open. 

All of them(including little Nivia) instantly whipped their hands to the sudden intruder. Turning out no other to be Mina, Amelia's personal maid. She was dress in the personal servant uniform, looking neat, not one hair out of place as usually. But, the solemn expression on her pretty face spoke volumes.

She stepped into the room, approaching the children(and baby) careful. The children, although young, sensed her hesitance.

"What's wrong Mina?" The oldest Liam, finally broke the silence. 

Mina, in response flinched, her eyes darted around the baby room. The children could can't anymore of the suspense and the second child, Keith finally spoke up, "Spit it out already Mina! What's going on!?"

Mina gritted her teeth, weighing out her options. Her eyes wary to the 3 children, who's eyes were urging her to go on.

"Bortha, Bortha! (Brother, Brother!)" All of a sudden, Nivia called out to Liam, raising her little chubby arms at him. He quickly caught on, lifting her up from her cradle. He held her in his arms while staring at the maid called Mina.

"Tell us Mina. Pleassseeee~~~" They all said in unison(Except Nivia), staring at Mina with the most pitiful eyes they could muster. 

"Gah!" Mina fluttered after seeing the combined eyes of the children and she couldn't take it anymore! She finally spoke up, "The madam's illness has worse." She paused at the word, 'illness' but that was the least of my problem! 

"What!?? What do you mean!?" The baby of the trio, Ash shouted. Among the trio, he was the closest to Amelia beside Nivia.It makes sense his the most worried about her.

 But, seriously, really what does she mean!?

Nivia: Eris, tell me what's happening! Why is Amelia's curse worsening!?!

Eris: Well, one shouldn't underestimate a curse, especially a curse in exchange for one's life. The curse that witch cast is a powerful one. Before a priest could came, she may have already perished by then.. 

Nivia: No! She won't die. She'll be fine! 

Nivia argued back, but she still secretly felt worried for Amelia

Liam carefully placed Nivia back in her cradle and surprisingly made a run for it "Ah! Hey" Keith yelled after his brother, but Liam was already out of the room. Keith hurriedly pursued him, leaving Ash behind.

Ash froze for a moment, not comprehending what was happening. He dumbfoundedly stared at the now-open door. As soon as realization hit him, he bolted out the door without a second thought, trailing his elder brother. This left only Mina, the maid, and baby Nivia in the room

"....."

"....."

The two stared at each other in shock, wondering what was happening. Eventually, Mina bowed to Nivia and awkwardly exited the room.

In the end, Nivia left in the room all by herself(not). She lazily laid on her back, staring at high white ceilings . Her perfect pale-white soft skin, combined with her thick head of moon-silver hair and mis-match eyes color makes her look like a living doll. The only thing that was out of place was the look on her utterly adorable face.

Nivia:......What the hell happened now? What's going on?

Eris: Well, your sibling left you  and so did the maid.

Niiva: Ah, gee. Thank you for answering a question Literaly no one asked you.

Nivia snort and replied sarcastically. then she paused, remembering what Mina said earlier about Amelia's condition. 

Nivia: Eris, where are the prsisit? 

Eris:.......They not here.

Nivia: What!?

Eris:.......They are not here. I don't sense anyone with a hint of holy energy. At the very least, there isn't any in a radius of 30 kilo. 

Nivia: Hahh!? Ridiculous!? How are the not here? Paris sent a letter already? Why aren't they here??  It doesn't make any sense!!

Eris: No, it does. Actually, it strange if they sent anyone at all. 

Nivia furrowed her brows in confutation. Impossible. Paris is one of only 2 Archduke in this empire!? How could the keep Paris, an Archduke waiting? The archduke's family is on par with the imperial family.

Eris, seemingly sensing Nivia's confusion explains.

Eris: It's because Paris one of the archdukes. The Karuser and Cernoir Archduchies have strained relations with the church due to their conflicting interests. The church staunchly supports the imperial family, making them wary of the two powerful Archduchies, whose influence are par/ exceed the imperial family's. Considering Paris, being less loyal to the emperor, is seen as even more troublesome than the Cernoir Archduke. Moreover, the ongoing epidemic has occupied most of the priests' time, making it highly unlikely that they would spare a moment to assist Amelia.

Eris explain with logic, yet those words broke Nivia. 

What? Does that mean she won't get cured. She could feel the panic raise up through her body But before she could wallow in her misery, loud footsteps were heard. 

The door suddenly burst open, revealing a hordes of maids. Before little Nivia could comprehend what was happening, on of the maid scooped her up and ran out the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hiii~~ It's been away everybody, it's author-sama!!

Sorry I haven't been posting, I've been working on other stories(which I recommend you to read) and misterms. I'll try to post as fast as I can.

Anyway, have a lovely day/night.

Author-sama out~!