1 Moving In

I put the boxes down on the wooden floor and sighed, wiping the sweat away from my forehead.

This would be the perfect place to restart. To get some inspiration, and search for a promising writing career.

Heaving more boxes from the U-haul, I took my time setting each box in its appropriate room, promising myself I would take a break soon.

After moving a couple of more boxes, I gave into my exhaustion and sat down on a box to journal.

Dear Diary,

I just put all the boxes in their room! This place is isolated, everything around is abandoned. So this is perfect. I hope I get fresh ideas here, before perhaps moving into a city to be a professional writer. Say, New York? Haha, I might be reaching far. Okay, maybe I'll do some online shopping.

Write you later!

Suddenly, something in the corner of my eye grabbed my attention. Squinting through my window, there stood a man in what looked like a 1700s golden suit. I started leaning forward to get a closer look when the box I was sitting on dented down briskly, causing my focus to falter away from the man.

When I stood up and picked up my diary off the floor, the man had disappeared.

I leaned against the porch of the window. 

Nobody was supposed to live here. I made sure of that. I googled and searched, and made sure that nobody lived in this neighborhood. I triple-checked!

Yet there he was: alive and well. 

I exhaled, trying not to be angry. 

It's fine. I can get drapes or something; pretend he doesn't exist. 

I grunted. But that wouldn't be enough! This was supposed to be the perfect place, the perfect neighborhood where nobody lived here so I could peacefully get some inspiration.

I tucked my hair behind my ears and placed my hands firmly on my hips pacing the floor.

After fuming in my head and spilling words that you shouldn't say in church, I had come to the conclusion to continue working, and later talk to the guy.

A/N:

This story is 100% complete, but I just might add more chapters in the middle as part of editing. Please vote and comment any feedback- it helps.

Thank you so much for reading,

Luv ya!