23 Sleep tight

I stared through the window; the sky was crying.

"Lily-Ann, step away from the window,"

As I did so, I wondered why. Why couldn't I look at the one thing that was depicting exactly what I felt like?

He chuckled. "Good girl, Lily-Ann. Now, let's get you properly fitted for the night."

I stood in front of my mirror, my eyes closed, heart racing. My heart echoed in my throat with each pull of the corset's laces. The corset squeezed my ribs and reduced airway flow. As I struggled to stay standing, I leaned against the wall. 

He led me to the bed and pushed me into it, as if playfully but there was an aggression to it.

"Sleep tight, darling," he said as he walked off and turned off the light closing the door.

I lay there, gasping for air, unable to move. I sprawled my arms over the sheets as if trying to somehow make breathing easier for me. I knew I was trapped, with no escape. It was as if the darkness enclosed around me, drowning me in water.

I closed my eyes and prayed for morning to come quickly. But as I drifted off to sleep, I knew that deep down things would only get worse from here on out.

...

I couldn't sleep that night. The last few days became one. It felt never-ending. I don't need to find the truth. I just needed freedom. I needed to get out of here. I would just leave. But I would need to escape. I didn't care about the truth. His Goddamn truth could be his. My life needed to be out.