4 Getting the Job

*Please note that that is somewhat of what Theodore's house looks like- just think bigger.

Over the next few days, I spent unpacking boxes, building furniture, and thinking about how to place things around my new house.

When I finally sat down to write, I spent most of the time looking at songs or wasting my time on Youtube. Then it was too late to write, and I eventually went to bed.

The next couple of weeks drove me insane. Every single time I sat down to write, my mind came up blank. Or I started writing something, and I realized that it was either too cliche, or boring.

I sighed, leaning back in my chair.

I also spent a lot of time thinking about Theodore. Maybe too much for my own good. I kept telling myself these feelings would pass, but they never really did. I also wondered if he felt the same way about me as I did him. Which, I know is completely preposterous because we only met once. But he did kiss my hand. But then again, he may have just been being polite. 

And to be honest, I was starting to get pretty lonely. I really missed having someone to talk to. My friends were all away on their summer vacations, and my mom and dad were working. We did talk for a couple of minutes on the phone every now and again, but it wasn't enough.

I had no idea what to do about my writer's block or my loneliness. The obvious (yet most scary) option would be to go and talk to Theodore, but I had no idea if he'd want to see me.

I decided to kill these thoughts, so I hit the bed.

...

The next morning, I made my bed, had breakfast, and stared out my window at the house secretly hoping he'd stare back.

I was definitely taken aback when I saw him again. For a second I thought that was Madam, but then I realized that she wouldn't wear a man's Victorian-styled green vest. He smiled at me, which looked more like a smirk. I smiled in return, holding my coffee mug tightly in my hands.

He gave me a small wave while holding a broom in the other hand. I waved back. He looked behind him, then made a motion for me to come over. I gave him a small smile and nodded.

Yes!

...

After a while, we sat in the same room talking with Theodore about my writer's block, and him saying what he did today. Then it was pretty quiet.

I sighed again.

"What is it? This is the third time you have exhaled, darling."

I was sitting behind a desk, staring at my computer screen thinking of writing ideas while Theodore was sweeping and dusting the room.

"It's my writer's block again. It doesn't seem like it wants to be 'unblocked'. I thought moving here would help but, it's no use."

"Well, have you tried simply taking a break?" Theodore countered.

"No, breaks are a waste of time." I frowned.

"I think staring at your computer and sighing is a waste of time." Theodore raised his eyebrows, "You should take your mind off writing for a bit, and focus on something else. Let it come naturally to you."

"Yeah. I think you're right, thank you." I looked up at him, closing my computer.

"You can get a job here, perhaps..." He murmured, facing away from me.

"Why would I do that?" I asked, hoping not to sound rude.

"To take your mind off writing for a while." He continued sweeping, "It could help your writer's block."