Chapter 40

One of the Mercenary was ordering around rest of his group,but he stops in mid-sentence and his eyes bug out as he looks down in surprise at a long blade bursting from his stomach.He keels over forwards to reveal a huge knife through his back and, standing behind him, the petite figure who put it there.It was Katana.

The room is dimly lit, filled with tension and the sound of heavy breathing. The remaining Mercenaries stand in shock, their guns trained on the petite figure before them. The wounded Mercenary leader, Dongfang, and his right-hand, Mujank, exchange fearful glances.

The figure, Katana, stands with confidence, her blade still dripping with blood. She calmly ties her hair in a ponytail, a determined glint in her eyes. She retrieves a pair of knives from her utility belt and expertly flips them around.

Katana smiling questioned"Who's next?"

The mercenaries hesitate, uncertain of how to proceed. But their indecision is short-lived as Katana's throwing knives and kunai fly through the air with astonishing accuracy. Six mercenaries fall in rapid succession, their bodies hitting the floor with a thud.

A telekinetically controlled knife spins through the corridor, swiftly decapitating a seventh mercenary. The eighth attempts to flee, but Katana, with breathtaking agility, flips through the air and lands in front of him, a small knife pressed against his throat.

With a twisted grin, Katana delicately slits the mercenary's throat, ensuring a slow and painful demise.

Hope's eyes widen"That was... brutal. Katana and Nobleman are formidable."

Klaus raising an eyebrow added"Indeed. Their abilities and fighting skills are remarkable. The way Katana took down those mercenaries with such precision..."

Kol smiled at Katana and said"You are good."

Katana smiled puffed up a bit after all she got a compliment from a original vampire.

While Alex was humming and thinking"Well now we have assassin squad under our control."

Klaus and Elijah had similar thoughts.

Katana lunges at them,Dongfang and Mujank watch in disbelief, frozen in shock.

Suddenly, another girl, Yuriko appears before them, effortlessly blocking Katana's sword strike. Katana's surprise is evident as she jumps back, sensing Yuriko's enhanced abilities.

Yuriko grins at Katana and said"So, you're Katana. Dr. Tenro told me about you. Nice to meet you. I am your replacement, Yuriko.x

Katana scowls at Yuriko and throws two throwing knives at her. Yuriko dodges the projectiles effortlessly and smirks back at Katana.

Unfazed, Katana challenges her"Just turn back and see."

Yuriko looks behind her and sees Dongfang and Mujank with knives embedded in their skulls. A growl escapes Yuriko as she lunges at Katana. The two girls engage in a fierce battle, their movements a blur of speed and lethal precision.

Yuriko lands a powerful blow on Katana's shoulder, but Katana seizes the opportunity and slices Yuriko's left arm off at the shoulder. In a swift motion, Katana stabs Yuriko through the skull, killing her instantly.

Katana, now covered in blood, walks away from the scene of the massacre, making her way to find Nobleman. Outside the building, her siblings Ironhead and Tek take care of the guards.

Hope grinning asked Alex"Did you see that? Katana's skills were incredible! I wish I could fight like that."

Alex smiled and replied"Don't worry I can train you, maybe Katana can join us too."