☆ [ Encore! In The Kitchen ]

◤━━━━━━━━━━━◥

                         ◣━━━━━━━━━━━◢

◣━━━━━━━━━━━◢

         BAM—!

The surface of a dark cup of tea rippled, disturbed as the walls violently trembled. Across from you at the dining table sat a blond-haired boy, his icy gaze lifting upon feeling the floors vibrate. Your head snapped to peer over your shoulder. Abandoning your teacup, you lurched from your seat. "One moment, Fremi." You gently said.
He offered you a slight nod of his head. Grinning awkwardly, you sprinted into the shop's kitchen. The teahouse was calm, serene, and— burnt. From the stove to the walls, there was char slicking the white walls. The nautical kitchen had been showered in ash, the smoke clouding the room threatening to set off the fire alarms. Amidst the smoke and now-blaring alarms, there stood the mischievous magician. He smiled upon seeing you, his washed-out-blond hair burned at the tips. Char marks had appeared on his exposed skin, possibly from the fire he'd managed to start.

Swishing your hand to rid the air of smoke, you took Lyney's hand in yours. Your new companion has been quite the handful. After intertwining your fates, you felt both relieved and burdened. Lyney's power is immense, and his shows are engaging as well as wonderful. Yet he tries a bit too hard, usually resulting in something like this happening.
You were dragged from your thoughts as Lynette rushed to the scene. Deadpanned as usual, she made her way behind the counter, passed both you and Lyney, then into the kitchen. The sounds of Anemo swirling filled your ears, followed by the breaking of several glass items. You inhaled deeply, afterwards exhaling forcefully through your nose. As you began rubbing your temples, you peered over your shoulder. "Lynette! Ugh. LYNETTE—!"

Her head peeked out from the doorway, one of her unique ears flicking. You smiled upon spotting her. Lyney eagerly beckoned her with a wave of his hand, a dorky smile on his lips. "Hey, did you get the smoke out?" He questioned.
"Hm," Lynette huffed as she approached him. "Magic is an illusion."
"What does that mean?" You questioned.
Lyney chuckled a tad, scratching the back of his head. "The smoke's still there."
You nodded, "I assumed as much. Alright, please stay." You then hurried into the kitchen, ensuring the fire had been safely extinguished. After that, you rushed to the fire alarms. You used the handle of a beat-up broom to silence it. After that, you simply stepped out of the kitchen, shutting the doors behind yourself.

As you approached a window to air the rooms out, you felt your heart sink. Poor Freminet had already hid within his helmet. He must've gotten startled by the noise and sudden reactions. You turned as a weight propped upon your shoulder. Lyney stuck his tongue out at you, coiling his arms around you as he rested there. Leaning your head on his, you placed an affectionate kiss on his temple. He giggled a tad, flushing red in the face. You cupped his face in one of your hands, beginning to adorn his features in kisses—avoiding the ash marks.
"You need to be more careful," you reminded him. "I don't want you getting hurt."
Lyney huffed audibly, "Mm, I wouldn't. The show must go on!" He argued.
"Not in my kitchen, please," you then dug into your pocket, taking out a convenient towel. "Go on. Sit." You gestured towards the empty seat across from Freminet.

Obedient as he is, Lyney plopped himself into the chair. He then yawned, stretching out his slender limbs. "I'll clean your kitchen for you."
Your heartbeat thundered as you got on one knee before Lyney. He placed his gloved hand over his mouth and nose, leaving a small gap between his digits to peer at you from behind. Snickering, you began to wipe the ash off of him. "Don't worry. As long as you didn't get burned, my dear."
He grinned down at you, smiling so brightly, you nearly crumbled upon seeing him. "Thanks, Traveler," he then leaned forth. "Kiss~?"
One eyebrow raised, you eyed him for a brief moment. You then cupped his face, cloth in hand, pressing your lips into his. He placed his hands on your shoulders. You immediately swooped for the hips— and got swatted away.

Upon pulling back, you heaved a sigh. Another failed effort. You resumed wiping the charred spots upon Lyney's skin and clothes, beginning to drift into your own thoughts.
"Traveler?"
Your head perked. "Yes?"
"...today's show was good," Lyney hesitated before resuming, nodding his head to an imaginary tempo. "We saw Arcellino. She's got every trick of ours solved— it's incredible!"
"Really? Tell me more." The sweet sounds of Lyney rambling filled your ears as you placed your chin onto his kneecap. A broad smile lifted the corners of your lips. You would truly rather nothing more than this— listening to Lyney speak. Just him. That's all.

Lynette briefly shook Freminet awake. Upon his awakening, she gestured for him to help in the kitchen. As much as you wished to force the two back down and clean yourself, you were hooked to Lyney's body like a drug. Just the warmth from his thighs created a whirlpool of comfort and relaxation for you. Placing your cloth aside, you laid your head in his lap as though it were a pillow. "Ah, man," you laughed a bit. "This is nice."
Lyney's digits swirled through your hair, "You're gonna need a ticket next time." He playfully told you, followed by a very telling wink.
You grinned up at him, "Bro. Don't get me excited, man." You pat his side in a friendly manner.
He grasped your elbows in his hands, leaning towards you. "It's not a trick this time."
You placed a kiss on the tip of his nose, watching with pure satisfaction as he flushed crimson. "I'm never letting you live that down. Now— let me use my lovely ticket to your lap."

"Ten thousand Mora."
"Auhh?!" You perked your head.
Lyney burst into laughter, practically kicking his feet at your reaction. You rested your head into his lap, laughing with him.
What a dreamy person.