☆ [ Things That I Noticed ]

'🎇' __[ ANGST VERSION ˖ ˙ ̟

- These are taken from his voice-overs and character story. Either way, they are my own interpretation and are subject to be incorrect.

★・──・──・──・──・★

╭┈・'🐈‍⬛'﹕Abandonment Issues? ﹒﹒

☆ In one of Lyney's voicelines, he tells the traveler about his fears regarding his audience finding a magic show far better than his own. He proceeds to mention his strive for perfection thanks to this.

☆ In one of Lyney's character story chapters, it is said that he has a greed for perfection. Not only that, but when Freminet questioned him about it, it escalated quickly into an argument.

☆ Lyney seems keen on pleading with the traveler not to distrust him. In his Serenitea Pot voiceline, he asks if you'll kick him out.

☆ In yet another one of his voicelines, Lyney mentions his fear of his audience abandoning him for a greater magician.

This is a super common topic throughout Lyney's story and voice-overs, so I'm honestly convinced that he's got severe abandonment issues. It makes sense after his parents' deaths, and the incident with his magician mentor.
However, this could just be a Fatui trick to deceive— if so, I fell for it.

╭┈・'🐈‍⬛'﹕Super hard on himself ﹒﹒

☆ During the Fontaine Archon quest, a cutscene of Lyney's magic performance plays. Somewhere during that cutscene, he tells Cowell that the show absolutely must be perfect— in a very harsh tone, no less.

☆ During said cutscene, Lyney was performing his audience swapping trick. Inside of the box he was in, there were several decorations dangling from the ceiling of the enclosed space. According to Lyney's dialogue, he accidentally whacked his head on one of those decorations, causing it to slightly break off of the string suspending it.

☆ Cowell recommends leaving it be. That's when Lyney's tone changes, and he briefly snaps at Cowell to remind his assistant of his crippling perfectionism.

╭┈・'🐈‍⬛'﹕Lynette. ﹒﹒

☆ In his English voice-over, there is layers and layers of emotion beneath Lyney's explanation regarding his twin. For the most part, there is rage. The prominent sense of rage and discontent makes my interpretation a bit of a reach, but I sometimes think that I catch the specific thickness in his voice that only happens when someone is on the verge of tears.

̟ ˙ ̟ ˙ ˖ ˙