☆ [ You And Me ]

◤━━━━━━━━━━━◥

                         - A sunrise over Fontaine beside your closest friend

◣━━━━━━━━━━━◢

After much trial and error, pain and failure, it seemed the road finally bore fruit. Each and every day after Lyney joined your team seemed like a brighter extension of happiness itself. The world could fall apart before your eyes, and you'd still be happy, should you have a magician to return home to.
Every battle went differently. Some battles went smoothly, with you and Lyney in some sort of funk. Others went terribly; there were times when Lyney or yourself fainted. However, the moment you awoke to his glorious face, you began laughing.

As the sun rose, the memories of any and all pain fled with the moons disappearance. The grass surrounding the land of Fontaine danced contently in the comfortable breeze. The Rainbow Rose flourished, their gorgeous petals on full display for the rising sun to see. Dew clung to their glory with vigor, eager to remain near the beautiful specimens.
A soft, golden glow briefly encased Lyney for several seconds before vanishing into the atmosphere. Finally, the process had finished. You had shown him all of your love, and though your journey is far from over, reaching the maximum feels so rewarding. A single crown of gold and silver inlaid with Pyro gems sat upon Lyney's head.

Both you and Lyney lurched forth, arms outstretched to one another. Smacking into one another, you wrapped your arms around him. As laughter erupted between you both, you snatched Lyney's hands in yours. He began spinning you and himself about in a gleeful twirl. His smile expanded to reveal his pearly teeth. His lips shimmered like thousands of stars amidst a sky of rosy, kissable colors. His eyes shone unlike anything else— including the sun itself.

Laughter resonated between you and Lyney as you both crashed into the grass beside one another, in hysterics while clutching one another's hand. As the sun welcomed you with a warm, gentle smile, you let out a fulfilling and sincere laugh. For the first time in what felt like decades, a sense of overwhelming joy washed over your head, crashing upon you like the tears pricking your eyes.
You squeezed Lyney's hand thrice.

I.. love.. you..

Squeeze.. Squeeze.. Squeeze.. squeeze!

I.. love.. you.. too!