☆ [ A Sunset To Cry Over ]

◤━━━━━━━━━━━◥

                         ◣━━━━━━━━━━━◢

◣━━━━━━━━━━━◢

The sun fell upon the orange horizon. The saltless sea was still, the entirety of Fontaine silent. There was zero wind. As the tide subtly disturbed the sea's surface, the entire body of water turned into a gigantic mirror. Each cloud adrift in the sky reflected off of the still, flat surface of the freshwater. The massive ocean simply scoffed at the stillness of sunset. Not a single wave crashed along the shore, leaving the sand entirely untouched by water. Each grain was perfectly separated, as it was when it was deposited on the shore.
Each cloud began to transform from pure white to a gorgeous, fierce, and vibrant shade of orange. The fire igniting within the sky nearly blinded you as the sun settled atop the flat waters. Although humid and quite hot, you felt not a drop of discomfort.

A sense of comfort washed high over your head. The entire day had been spent beside Lyney, Lynette, and Freminet, simply basking in one others holy presence. By then, you and Lyney had taken Freminet to the beach to decompress.
You could feel the burdens of the day flee into the horizon as Freminet heavily sighed. He stood beside you, his outfit consisting only of his wetsuit. You could count the freckles dotting his soft complexion as he faced the sunset, his beautiful eyes of pure diamond shimmering. His optics reflected not you, not the sunset, but the saltless sea itself. Each and every wave that typically crashes upon the sand shifted within his irises, glistens from the fiery sky bouncing off of his cornea.

Your gaze shifted off of Freminet, landing on Lyney. He stood at the opposite side of Freminet. The way he looked at his younger sibling displayed absolutely nothing but peace. Instead of the whole world dancing within his cornea, he was gazing upon his world. Not related by blood, but still brothers.
Lyney's soft lips tugged into a gentle, bittersweet smile as he stared deeply into his brother's eyes. Although his gaze was not returned, he simply resumed staring mindlessly. The aimlessness of his gaze made the moment all the more beautiful. You could see snowflakes lingering in Lyney's massive pupils, which had nearly consumed his entire iris by then.
As your head shifted back towards the sunset, a sensation of true serenity washed over you. Even if Lynette decided to hang back as to not overwhelm Freminet, you couldn't feel a drop of negative emotions. No matter how far your brain searched, there was not a single page that could soil your mood. The sense of true happiness filled your chest.

"...it's beautiful." Breathed Freminet.
You and Lyney exchanged a glance between one another before staring directly at Freminet.
Your smile expanded with a gentle scoff. "Yeah, it's something. I'm happy that you both are here."
Lyney inched behind Freminet, eventually shifting to place his hand in yours. "Haha, it's perfect. I'm sure Lynette is missing us to death."
Freminet peered over his shoulder, "You say that every time we go somewhere without her." He said towards Lyney, who gave a defeated look in return.
With a soft nudge, you gestured for Freminet to eye the sunset once more. A sudden, gentle, and playful breeze rustled through Freminet's pure blond hair as he stepped forth. His frame turned into a soft silhouette as he stood before the world's glory. As he fell silent, you swore you could see a faint trail of tears.

The melody buzzed from cicadas filled the world. Birds squealed, their majestic silhouettes swimming in the vibrant sky for its final moments. It looked as though Celestia would descend before your very eyes.
Engulfed in the light of thousands of stars that began to shimmer amidst the inky sky, Freminet spun around on his heels and smiled. His smile burned a thousand times brighter than the sun that had vanished beneath the horizon. Such a smile lit up the entire sky, the stars paling in comparison.
Just as Freminet's lips parted with speech, the tail of a glorious shooting star zipped through the night.
"Thank you both."

In an instant, your head snapped to face Lyney. You were unable to process everything that had just happened. From the shooting star, to the unusual sight of Freminet smiling so wide— both you and Lyney had been absolutely astounded.
Lyney turned his head to face Freminet, smiling like an idiot. "Fremi, there was a shooting star behind you! Smile!"
"What?" The confused diver questioned.
Lyney rushed forth, kicking up sand in his wake. He tackled his brother into his embrace, pinching the boy's cheeks.

As the two tousled about, you approached the sea. Waves lapped near your shoes with what seemed like excitement, the entire sea breathing rhythmically. You gazed up at the moon and stars, feeling a sense of relief wash over you. You then peered over your shoulder. A silhouette with turquoise undertones charged towards you at full speed, materializing seconds before crashing into you.

"Wha—! Hey, Lynette!" You excitedly pat her head between her cat ears. She flicked the tip of her cat's tail, briefly hugging you before stepping back.
As Lynette turned, Freminet launched himself into her arms. The siblings shared a tight hug, followed by Lynette placing a delicate kiss on Freminet's head.
Lyney approached you with a mischievous grin. You gave his shoulder a gentle punch, afterwards snickering as you returned your gaze to the stars. Then, you spoke.

"Man, they're beautiful."
"Their radiance does not compare to yours."
"Haha, thank you. If we had a constellation, what would you call it?"
"Hmm.. probably The Soulmates."
"Yeah.. yeah, I love that name."