☆ [ The Roof ]

◤━━━━━━━━━━━◥

                         ◣━━━━━━━━━━━◢               - SUICIDAL IDEATIONS WARNING

◣━━━━━━━━━━━◢
  - SUICIDAL IDEATIONS WARNING

                   Rooftops serve a single purpose when one's mind is tasked with awful memories and suffocating lies. Every accursed day brings forth new lies, further cementing a certain magician in his dishonest grave.
The rooftop once symbolized an escape. A sense of freedom from the throne he has created using all lies and illusions. However, not everything lasts forever.

Seated beneath the canopy of stars, upon a rooftop in Fontaine, a magician heaved a deep sigh. Tears fled from his eyes, dripping down his face like a monsoon. His chest did not feel liberated from the pain. Not anymore. Nothing took the weight of his lies off of his shoulders.
Finally, he hoisted himself to his feet. Lyney's figure heaved yet another massive sigh. With that, he spun around on his heels, allowing himself to plummet from the roof. Maybe then, he would finally be free.

"NO—!"

A shriek, then a halt. Lyney's tear-filled eyes widened with surprise. A hand had snatched his forearm, breaking his fall. The magician simply dangled midair, unable to say anything to his rescuer. He recognized them all too well. They were you.

Your arms burned intensely as you hauled Lyney up. You flopped back on the roof, desperately securing the magician to your warmth. Choking on adrenaline, you placed your hand on the back of his head, burying your face into his hair.
Sniveling and trembling, Lyney simply laid in your arms with his face hidden in your clothes. "Traveler," he exhaled tears. "..thanks."
Panicking internally still, you held the magician closer to yourself. "Lyney— holy shit." You coughed a bit as you wrapped your arms tightly around his sides. "Oh my god. Are you okay?"
"Haha," Lyney simply laughed over his tears. "No.. I'm really not."

You rested your chin on his head, beginning to pet his hair. "Tell me everything. Please. I'd rather listen to everything you have to say than listen to the music at your funeral."
"I'm so— sorry," Lyney, choking on his sobs, began bawling in your clothes. "I can't take it anymore..! Everything is my fault. Lynette.. what have I done.." his voice turned breathy as he muttered a sorrowful apology, his forehead meeting your chest.
Unable to reply from the shock of it all, you simply hugged onto him once more. You inhaled deeply, then exhaled. As you began soothing yourself, you could feel Lyney's breathing steady out. Your hand navigated to the side of his face, your opposite hand resuming cradling him. Your palm met his face, his tear-shaped makeup staining your skin.

Finally, you placed a tender kiss on his forehead; that was about all you could do. "Lyney," you huffed audibly. "Next time suicide ever crosses your mind, please, just come talk to me. I don't care if it's three in the morning or twelve in the afternoon. Just talk to me."
"No, you— you should be exploring the world with Lynette.. she has so many things she can do for you. I can't do anything..! You should have let me die, you really should have!" Cried Lyney.

You blinked thrice, "Lyney, there would be no world for me to explore without you." You said.
He lifted his head in confusion, "Huh..?"
"I can't explore the world if my world is gone." As soon as you said that, you inwardly cringed at yourself. Archons knows why you said it, but it worked.
Lyney's cheeks flushed pink, his head sinking back onto your head. "Do you really think that way? Don't you hate me?"
"Of course not," you heaved a deep sigh, the adrenaline that caused your heart to pound beginning to ebb away. "I would never have stood as your defendant if I didn't love you. Lyney, I absolutely adore you. Please, never leave this world." You placed your forehead against his.

Lyney, with a soft whine, wrapped his arms around your neck. "Thank you, Traveler.."
You broke into a gentle smile as you felt Lyney's comforting warmth wash over you, "This is what I was made for."
"Made for lovin' me?" Asked Lyney.
You burst out into laughter, nuzzling your nose into his cheek. "Now's not the time for that."
Lyney began laughing as he gingerly pushed you away, afterwards leaning towards you. Before either could process anything of what had just happened, your lips united with his. Pure shock rippled over your body, although you soon melted into his kiss.

By the time you parted, both returned to smiling.
"Now that it's out of your system, let's go home," you gave Lyney a gentle head pat, allowing him to lean into your palm with closed eyes. "Please, never try this again."
"..okay," Lyney nodded hesitantly. "Let's make it a mutual promise."
You slid your hand into Lyney's, "Absolutely. I don't know what I'd do without you, Lyney." Now that the aura of suicidal ideations had left, you hoisted yourself to your feet, bringing Lyney up with you.

You gave him a tight hug, basking in the stars and the silence. As Lyney returned the hug, you could somehow feel his burdens being released.

"Let's go home." Said Lyney.
"Hey, that was my line," you shot back.
"Mine now."
"You little—"

Lyney quickly fled from your embrace, hurtling himself off of the rooftop. A custom wind glider deployed shortly after this. With a heavy sigh of relief, you lunged after him.