[2] Meeting Her

"ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴀ ꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀ ᴅᴏᴇꜱɴ'ᴛ ʙʟᴏᴏᴍ, ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪx ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴠɪʀᴏɴᴍᴇɴᴛ ɪᴛ ɢʀᴏᴡꜱ ɪɴ, ɴᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀ."

𝐄𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐭 𝐃𝐞 𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐚

I was in my office working when suddenly my bastard of a brother barged into my office room. It has been seven years since I was crowned as the Italian Don yet, my youngest brother never learned how to knock.

I put aside the papers that I was working on and turn my heated glare on his nervous frame. He scratched his neck and sheepishly apologised, "Scusa, fratello." (Sorry, brother)

"Knocking doesn't require money, just so you know." I hummed, watching him shift in his place. "Repeat this one more time and you won't have a hand to open the door."

"Okay, okay, I am sorry." He put up his hand in the air and sighed. "I don't know how you manage to be so scary all the time."

"What are you here for?" I ignored his useless remark and eyed him carefully. He eyes lit up for a second as he exclaimed, "Right, I almost forgot about what I came here for." That's Dante for you.

"Of course you did." I muttered, pinching the bridge of my nose. Dante was the type of person who could talk to you about everything and anything and at the end, he would forget what was the thing he came for. I feel bad for his future wife.

"I managed to hack into the Russian Mafia base and collected some information regarding the traitor. Our men tracked him down and bought him to one of our warehouses." Dante stated in one breath as a smirk curled across my lips. Now, I am interested.

Recently, many of our shipments were getting stolen and I didn't know how until Nikolas Volkov, the Russian Mafia Don, send me a photo of them. That incompetent bastard actually thought his little stunt would scare me. Jokes on him, I already burned all his recent shipments which contained many fucking weapons. He doesn't know that yet, though. I will send him a photo, just like he did.

"Now, you have piqued my interest, Dante." I smirked, elevating from my sitting position. I shoved my gun inside the holster and hung the blazer over my shoulders. I cocked my head towards the door as Dante wordlessly followed behind me, muttering, "Psychopath." under his breath.

While walking through the hallways, I pulled out my phone and send a text to Enzo, ordering him to meet us at warehouse-4. I had fifty of them in Italy so far.

We got outside the mansion and soon entered my black Porsche. Dante took the passenger's seat while I took the driver's seat. Driving gave me a thrill which made the adrenaline rush through my veins. Killing and driving are probably my favourite things to do.

"What about Enzo?" Dante speaks up, his eyebrows scrunched in confusion.

"We are going to meet him at the warehouse." I shortly replied, slamming down on the breaks when a car swerved infront of us, out of the fucking blue. I swear people can be so fucking dumb sometimes.

After that, soon the car fell into a comfortable silence until Dante decided to ruin it. I preferred to stay quiet and enjoy the silence but that was impossible when I bought a hyperactive fucking puppy with me.

"Cazzo!" He cursed loudly, making me ran my hand over my face in frustration. "I forgot to have breakfast. Can you pull over to some bakery or restaurant?"

If it was anyone else, I would have glared at them and snapped a 'No'. But since this was my diabetic brother we were talking about, I sucked it up and gave him a nod. Dante's sugar level dropped when he skipped meals so I couldn't exactly deny him.