[25] The Wedding

𝐒𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐕𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐬

Marriage. A words which means when two people are bound together for eternity. They vow to love each other, cherish each other and take care of each other when sick. It is a sacred bond which is shared between two people in love. They remain together until death do them apart.

But what happens when this very marriage bounds you with a devil who wants nothing but to ruin you? You feel devastated, scared, empty and hopeless, right?

That is exactly what I am feeling.

Today is the worst day of my life, I know it. I felt sick to my stomach when the stylists dolled me up in expensive makeup and a gorgeous wedding dress. I looked happy and beautiful. But in the inside? I was crying, crying for help. Crying at my cruel fate.

Everyone was smiling at me and telling me how luckly I am to be Elliott's love. His wife. But only I know what happens behind the curtains. Where he destroys my already broken soul which I so desperately tried to repair.

At this moment, I realised how much I missed my family. My papa. My mama. My brother. I missed them so much. None of these would've happened if they were alive today. It has been six years already since they passed away in that car crash. Unfortunately, I was the only survivor. I wish I wasn't.

A tear rolled down my eye thinking about how much my life messed up. I have no one. No one to love me. No one to protect me from the devil who claims to love me.

"Sirena, are you rea- wait, are you crying?" Valentino's voice reached my ear as I quickly wipe the tear away with the back of my hand.

"No, n-not at all." I whispered, turning around to see him staring at me, something he does whenever he sees me.

"I saw you crying. Is everything alright?" He once again asks, a hint of worry in his voice. I couldn't help but get mesmerized by his beautiful grey eyes. He looked really good with his messy black hair and navy blue suit.

I clear my throat and say a bit more loudly, "Yes, everything is okay." He can't know my reluctance towards this marriage. He will right away tell it to Elliott who in return will hurt me again.

He looked dissatisfied with my answer but nodded anyways. "The wedding is about to start. Let's go." Right, I almost forgot he was going to walk me down the altar. Elliott was extremely hesitant in giving him that responsibility since that bastard is jealous of everyone and everything that tries to come near me. But at the end, he gave up since nor mine or his father was present.

I take a deep breath and slip my arm into his as the giant door to the venue opened. I can't believe I am about to sign my life away to the devil. Just a few more minutes and I will be his wife.