Craved

I looked in the mirror adjusting the long sleeved black dress that fell to the floor. It was long and beautiful, but dark. Very dark.

The small dress almost seemed to take up the entire room, being that my room was extremely small. As I peered into the mirror at my reflection, I saw someone that looked important. Someone that actually meant something. That's all I had felt since I was taken under Vaders wing. I felt selfish for it.

Ivan was right. There was something off about my position. A part of me wanted to believe him. To believe that there was some other reason Vader had taken me in as his "assistant". I knew he didn't need one deep down, but my insecurities told me I was nothing but what was intended. I was just his assistant, and that was all. Nothing else.

Darth Vader would never feel anything towards someone like me.

I began applying makeup to my face, straightening my hair, just how I liked it. I had already put on lotion, and I sprayed a bit of perfume on my neck and wrists. In the back of my mind, I was doing this all for him. But I convinced myself it was for the sake of presenting myself appropriately.

I began to put heels on to add to my height, it made me feel more confident and dominating, although I was never one to be good at walking in heels. I walked out of the bathroom and towards the door, using the force to open it. My heels hit the cold tile floor and began clicking as I quickened my pace towards his office. Anticipation filled my body as I realized what I was going to do. An imperial meeting was for people of importance, and I was going to be present. I had wondered why he chose me of all people.

I sensed his presence and this time, I didn't knock. I walked into his office owning the room, and his eyes set on me. I was raging with confidence in this dress due to none of my skin showing. I almost felt like his empress, just like Ivan had said. Fuck was I selfish.

"Just on time. Ready?" He said eyeing my appearance with what looked like lust. I was just delusional.

"Yes." I replied simply, almost nervous. We hadn't talked since he left the office earlier, one of his bi polar episodes. Hearing his voice alone made me quiver to myself.

I knew this was wrong. I knew I shouldn't feel this way about him of all people. It wasn't like me, for I hated the empire and the rebels. But something was undeniably telling me I needed him. I hate to. I hate him.

We boarded the ship without saying a word, but when we were finally taking off, he started a conversation.

"You look... nice" he stuttered like it pained him to say, yet he meant it.

"Why thank you, lord Vader" I teased back. I felt like he definitely knew I hated calling him that.

"You hate calling me that don't you" he chuckled. Just as I thought, he did know. I grinned and nodded my head as he side eyed me and continued on to roll his eyes. "Get used to it" I rolled my eyes at him, which he definitely sensed.

"And what if I don't want to get used to it" I shot him a smirk, testing his patience. He rolled his eyes at me once again

"I'd be careful, you need to remember who your talking to."He began flicking different switches, hitting buttons, and doing things i honestly couldn't comprehend. "You should be calling me emperor, but I'll let lord Vader slide, just for you"

Soon, the stars ahead turned into beaming lights of white as we entered the jump to hyper space. I had never felt or seen something like this, it was amazing.

"This is amazing." I gazed at the lines of white  around me in a trance. He looked over to me with a curious glance.

"What, have you never been in hyper space?" He questioned with furrowed brows.