They will pay the price

"Our mission"

Our mission? Something still wasn't right. Sleeping and dreaming was becoming one. Living and breathing was hard to differentiate. I dream of dying while I dream of sleeping. I don't know what's wrong with me, if I'm okay. I'm just thinking, somehow able to.

"Our mission"

I still didn't understand the story. There had to be more. Why are the attempts on my life becoming more and more prevalent only now?

"It started with a list"

What list?

A list?

Breathing. Dreaming. Sleeping. Dying. Living.

What was I truly doing? How was I even capable of thinking right now? I don't know where I am. I don't know who I am anymore. I am simply just existing.

We needed to find that woman. That woman. That woman.

Who was she? Name? I needed to find her.

A part of something bigger. Bigger.

Picture is bigger. Bigger.

Something's wrong. Something.

Wrong.

ANAKIN'S POV

Her thoughts have gone wild, running in all different directions. I could not possibly catch her if I tried, her energy was erratic, unhinged. She's in a panic, yet she's asleep. She has been for 8 hours now. Somehow, I've found myself not able to leave her side.

The second I heard shots fired and the second I saw the bullets hit her body, I instantly knew it was all my fault. With each bullet that hit her, they seemed to pierce my skin too. Only one shot reached her. The vest she was wearing protected her, however, one pierced the skin of her elbow, and she's been asleep ever since. That alone has killed me.

Over and over again, she fights death and so do I.

The city is on lockdown. The entire city. Now, I sit on this plane on my way to the Death Star. No where is safe now.

No where

I can't help but feel guilty. Tears roll down my face that I can't control as I sit here and hold her cold hand, watch her chest rise and fall. She's so incredibly beautiful it almost hurts. Even with the color of her skin fading away as each bit of energy she holds leaves her body, she was beautiful. She is beautiful.

Nonetheless she was stronger than ever. She was peaking, thinking and processing more than I had ever felt before. Something was clearly wrong in her mind.

I couldn't understand what was happening, her feelings were so strong. My eyes are red and weary from the constant downpour of emotions I couldn't hold back. Rex was driving the ship for me simply because I could not bear to leave her side. It pains me to see her this way, and it pains me even more that I can't stop what has been happening to her.

I have never seen uprisings like this before. Never. Not when I first took my place as emperor, not ever since. Something was off.

I knew we needed to fight back against whatever was going on. Something was out of place.

•~•~•~•~