Never

I woke up in a medical bay, immediately trying to figure out what on earth had happened for me to be in here. I had no idea where I was, no clue what happened, and no clue why I was in so much pain.

My arms were throbbing a steady rhythm, almost as if a drum were pounding within my bloodstream. With each thump, it felt I was being stabbed over and over again, a pain I couldn't deny. A muffled pain, I'm considering was probably because of some pain killer I was put on. I quickly observed the room around me, looking for any clue of where I might be.

No one was in the room with me to ask any questions.

I slowly sat up from the medical bed I was laying on. I looked down to my wrists, which were covered in bandages and IV wires.

Besides my initial worries about where I was, I felt safe. Calm. I didn't feel I needed to panic, but I did feel like I wanted to rip all of this stuff off of me. I grabbed the IV attached to the part of my arm that wasn't bandaged and ripped it off. I grunted at the slight sting, and then threw the wire to the floor.

God, what happened?

I felt dissociated from my body, almost as if I were watching a movie. I could see everything so clearly, yet I felt detached from myself as if none of this was real. I'd never felt like this before, and I have to say, I didn't like it very much.

I heard the door open and immediately jerked my head. A young brunette headed girl walked in, smiling at me warmly. Nearly too warm, too fake.

"You're awake. How do you feel?" She spoke eerily calm as she walked to one of the computers in the room and began to type. She didn't even meet my eyes, she only focused in on what she was doing.

"Fine. Where am I? What happened?" I asked blandly, not knowing if I could trust this girl. Who knows where I could be, who she could be?

"You're on Coruscant, don't worry. You're safe now." She still didn't meet my eyes, and that alone gave me an odd vibe. I decided to ignore it, then realizing I didn't know where Anakin was, yet still, knowing I was on Coruscant was more of a relief than I could even process.

"Where is An-" I stopped myself mid sentence, completely forgetting I couldn't call him that around others. "Is the Emperor here?" I asked with a hint of fear to play it off, to try and pretend I was afraid.

"Yes, he is here. He requested I inform him when you woke-"

The door bursted open, and my eyes were met with Anakin's. He paused in the doorway, just staring at me as if I wasn't real. His gaze held a look of uncertainty, and his eyes wouldn't leave my own. I felt a wave of relief, a wave of sadness. But not the bad kind of sadness. It's more of the sadness when you feel so happy you just want to cry.

He spent no longer staring at me and rushed forward with urgency.

"Y/n." He breathed out, then wrapping himself around me into an embrace. He was so gentle, so careful to not hurt me making sure his weight unaffected my painfully wrapped arms. I was confused to say the least, how could he do this in front of others? Nonetheless, I hugged him back harder.

"Fuck, you scared me." He whispered. "I thought you weren't going to wake up." He slowly pulled away and focused his gaze onto me.

"What do you mean?" I asked, confusion seeming to surround the room around me. I felt like I could see questions marks all over the place. I couldn't even think, I couldn't comprehend anything.

"You've been out for 4 days, y/n. It scared me to death. I thought you were gone I-"

"I need to replace her bandages." The nurse cut him off quickly with a hint of annoyance in her tone as I realized she had been watching this entire time. Anakin whipped his head around to her, and I watched her eyes meet his. She hadn't even given a glance in my direction, so all of this was completely weird to me.