Chapter 9

Sasha Pov

I sat in class feeling detached. I was so glad to be graduating. If Tommy didn't make me come, I would have dropped out eons ago. Tommy does make me want to be a better person but all the other shit he does pale in comparison. He's thoughtful, sweet and will give me whatever I want. On the other hand, he's a cheater, abuser, controlling and very selfish where I'm concerned. He's so uncompromising when it comes to me. So fucking hypocritical.

I've loved Tommy since I laid eyes on him at the park. It was the best and worst day of my life. I love Tommy so much. I'm so weak for him that I feel stupid. My friends always telling me who he has fucked or what hoes I need to watch out for. Tommy alway says that these hoes are just jealous of what he does for me. I appreciate everything he does for me but I would give it all up if he would stop cheating and do right by me. I know that he works at the art gallery but it's also rumored that he sold drugs. Whenever I ask him about it he tells me to stop listening to people. But sometimes I believe it. Tommy has bullet wounds, stab wounds. I can't count the number of times Tommy has been in the hospital and those are the bad ones. He doesn't go to the hospital if the wounds are not bad. He'll get his mom to patch him up.

When school was done I drove home to get more clothes and panties. I was at Tommy house for a week. My graduation is tomorrow and I couldn't be happier.

I went into my room and I started looking for some clothes to wear after graduation. I opened my closet and cursed.

I ran back out to the porch. "Mom, what the hell. Where my jordans at?"

"What jordans."

"The red and white ones that Tommy bought me. Mom, you're going to get me in trouble. Where are they? Did you sell them like you did my phone."

Last month she sold my phone. I told Tommy that I lost it. She takes everything Tommy buys me and sells it. I tried to cover it up, but she's doing too much at this point.

"Mom, Tommy wants me to wear those shoes." He bought me the red and white Jordans and a red and white jersey dress to match.

Just then Tommy called my phone. I didn't answer. I was biting my lip in fear.

"Girl, I don't know what you talking about. I didn't sell nothing."

"Mom, stop lying. After this, I'm getting a lock put on my door. It's like you want Tommy to come over and snap. You know how he is."

She finally started telling the truth. "Well we needed food. Tell him to start buying ground beef instead of all that other shit he buys you."

"Mom, you get food stamps, plus, that's my stuff. You can't do whatever you want with it."

Just then Tommy skerrrrrr into the driveway. He stormed out of the car. "Why the fuck you not answering your phone. You were supposed to be at my house 20 minutes ago."

"Boy don't come up here hollerin."

"Ms. Deliah. Stay out of this. I want to know why Sasha ain't answering her phone."

"I was just about to call you back, Tommy. I came here for clothes."

"Then go get your fucking clothes."

"I'm going."

When he followed me in the house I became nervous. Tommy always had this annoying sense of knowing when I was hiding things from him. Plus, since he found out that I was talking on the phone with Rodrick he's been keeping a closer watch on me.

My heart was beating. I didn't know how I would explain this to him. I hoped my mom left because Tommy could be unpredictable at times. Apparently, I was taking too long because he rushed past me into my room and into the closet.