Chapter 20

Tommy Pov

"Stay here." When I got out, I pulled out my gun. I shot 3 times in the air.  When Jensen opened the door, I pulled him out. "Stand here. Don't move."

I had one hand on his shoulder and the other one held my gun. When everyone in the house came running out to see what the shooting was about, that's when I saw her. Her mother and Hope came out first. I stared at her. They all stopped dead in their tracks.

"Mom!" Jensen tried to run to his mother, but I held his shoulder. She looked down at him. Tears gathered in her eyes. Even though I didn't have the gun to Jensen's head she knew I was silently threatening him. Not my finest hour I'd admit. But at that moment I wanted to kill him. Because several realizations hit me. If she had a baby, she had to have fuck someone. If she fucked someone, she had to be in a relationship.

I pointed the gun at her. I've never in my life been this confused about killing someone. My heart and killer instinct were fighting one another vigorously.

Narration: At that moment I wanted to kill her. She hasn't been back in my life for 3 seconds and I already wanted to kill her. I will address my earlier question. No. I don't consider myself a psycho. I'm sure many will disagree with me. But it is said that from the time a person is born, they have two wolves fighting inside them. An evil wolf and a good wolf. Whichever one you feed will gain the most power. If you feed the evil wolf, then ultimately that is who you will become. If you feed the nice wolf ..... and so on and so forth. You get the picture. Basically, I've fed the hell out of the evil wolf inside me; he stay wanting to tear shit up.

Something snapped me out of it. Maybe it was the boy that was struggling in my grip or the car full of men that just pulled up.

I looked into her eyes. Her beautiful eyes. She's still just as beautiful as the first time I saw her. She has lost weight. Nothing like the thick 18-year-old that I used to stuff with food but still somehow manage to keep her six pack. She's always been a freak of nature to me. She's beautiful, smart, ghetto, ratchet, sensitive, nice, mean, loves sci-fi genre and loves to read. She would never tell the people in the hood this because she had an image to keep up. None of them knew the real her. Only me.

"Tommy, I can explain. Let him go."

I let the boy go. Then I heard, "who the fuck is this chump," from the men that just pulled up. Apparently the hood has some new knuckleheads. They are definitely in the minor leagues. They pulled up to the fragile gate of the house. Consequently, blocking themselves in if a car came up behind them. Kind of how 3 black SUVs just pulled up and did just that. Surrounded them and blocked them in.

My crew got out of the SUVs pulling out heavy machine guns.

Nan said, "back the fuck up. Y'all don't want to see us. I promise you that."

One of the brave ones said, "well tell James Bond here; he doesn't need to come in our hood firing no gunshots."

"Your hood. Ni*** this is our hood. I'm Nan, this is Tommy. We grew up here. So unless you want to get dealt with, I suggest yall leave. We have a party to go to and we don't want blood on our suits."

When he said my name, their eyes bucked in surprise.

Narration: I got quite the reputation after I killed Enzo, which I will explain later. But suffice it to say. I had to do a lot of killing for this spot I now hold. In fact, I'm the youngest one to ever hold it.

I put my gun up. I opened the back door. "Get in." Fear, shakes and shivers took over her body.

She stayed on the steps holding Jay tight.