mini series !!! PART 3

chapter two
stiles

we were at lydia's place. dealing with our current case; the dead pool. it had come out about a month ago, listing supernatural creatures all over beacon hills. sometimes even further. each person, depending on how powerful they were, had their own payment; what you would get for killing them. some we knew of, and some we didn't. and some we didn't even expect. my heart throbbed as i thought about it, about what's been spinning in my mind for weeks now, what i cant get out of my head.

her.

my girlfriends name on that list.

and her, as far as we knew, lack of supernatural abilities.

so why she was on the list... we didn't know.

"anybody got a new plan?" scott said, putting his head in his hands. we get together often, trying to think of an idea to keep her out of trouble, more than we've already tried.

"we still can't tell her, we still don't even know what she is yet!" scott said for about the tenth time this week, you could see the struggle going through scotts mind. everytime we got together we went through the same questions, solutions and scenarios ever possible to happen here. which wracked our brains. it was exhausting.

"we don't even know everyone who's doing the killings yet. we only know some but anyone could get a hold on that list. what if someone's at home... right now..." scott's eyes seemed to go dark for a moment, "and planning it. what if it's someone close to her who..." he hesitated, looking at the ground, "who's trying to kill her."

the breath got sucked out of me. just like anytime that i faced this reality. i rubbed my lips with my fingertips and buried my head with my hands.

we've done so much already. for our 3 year anniversary last week i got her a wreath, but not just any wreath. i got deaton to soak the leaves in mistletoe. and i had bought wolfsbane flowers for her front yard. i gave her a silver necklace, so no werewolf could ever touch her easily. i assured myself that it was enough, enough to save her.

but what if we could do more?

"there's only so much we can do." lydia said, shaking her head, "i still think we should tell her." lydia stood up straighter, expressing her unchanged opinion.

me and scott shared a glance.

we've run through this, again, many times. what would happen, what she'd do, what we'd do, how'd she react, if it would effect when the killer would attack if they found out that she knew... if it would effect our relationship. my brain hurt more.

"what if we just keep doing what we're doing and... she'll be fine, right?" mason said, shrugging.

"the mistletoe and other tricks won't last that long," cory spoke up, "and i don't think she wants a new wreath every month, she may get suspicious."

"she's already is suspicious!" i say, shaking my head shamefully.

scott tilted his head and squinted his eyes at me.

"what?"

i huff out a big breath, "she hasn't said anything, but everytime i tell her i have plans... she smiles and says ok. but i know she's smarter than that. i just know." i put my head back in my hands, i felt so bad for lying to my girlfriend. after everything we've been through, she doesn't deserve this. at all. "and we haven't hung out at all lately, because i just can't. i cant lie to her, and hanging out with her just fill my stomach with guilt. guilt that i'm lying. guilt that i'm not able to protect her properly." i shook my head, rubbing my eyes. the only reason we were at lydia's tonight was in case she stopped by the house tonight, which i'm scared she might do some day when she gets too suspicious.