plane rides || dylan

one i did a while ago and kinda forgot about :/

my knuckles turned white the second he gave me his hands to squeeze.

"gosh, women. you know this is a 2 hour flight?" dylan, my boyfriend of 3 years, whispered as we began to take off, "sorry, not sure my hand will last that long." sarcasm dripped from his voice.

i glared at him, he only laughed. patted my shoulder.

"it's alright hun, we're in the air!" as if on cue, the plane jerked as we hit an air pocket. my stomach spinned, my heart rate escalated, enough to send nausea to burn my throat.

just by the look on his face you could see dyl internally screaming at the air around us and it's 'perfect' timing. the line of his mouth raised in anger and his eyes showed it all. i'll admit, it was the first and one of the only things that made me chuckle on that plane ride.

"it's not my fault i'm afraid of heights and the uncertainty of moving in the air!" i almost scream as i spit the words, but i knew he'd take them in the right way.

"come here, babe." i exhale as he brings me to his side, his baggy sweatshirt engulfing me. i smile in his chest, soon to be interrupted by another bump in the atmosphere.

i groan.

"two hours, babe." i hear him say, like i asked. i roll my eyes as i also hear the smile in his voice.

the smell of him and the shocking comfort found on this plane slowly pulled me into sleep. it was blackness. but somehow time flied. i really wish that there was no pun to intend, but that's just my luck.

i awoke to dylan's voice, calm and quiet. everything must be fine. my eyes switched open, and everything was. i inhaled as the window showed we were on land, i noticed how much i need that inhale.

"see babe, we're okay." he said with a smile. i put my arms over my head to stretch, my chin slowly falling in a yawn. as i did this i sunk in my seat. dylan chuckled.

"come on, y/n." he smirked, fingers lowering to grab mine. momentarily his fingertips touched the new piece of silver rapping around my finger.

"honeymoon time."