mini series !!! PART 6

chapter five
the boys

the boys pulled up to the clinic, stilinski putting the sheriffs car in park.

"i don't understand why we're back here." stiles shook his head, feeling like just about anything would be a waste of time. he just couldn't stand being away from her when she was in danger.

"kid, we need clues. we need ideas for motives, we need to live in her shoes." his dad called out countless reasons they had already discussed, "it feels like a waste, son. it all does." they share a moment of eye contact, "but everything helps. in its own way."

stiles nodded and jumped out of the car.

the three boys spread out. stiles took the area around where her necklace was, leaves scattered all around the pavement.

scott took the front door of the clinic and it's perimeter.

stilinski took the woods. his gun out right under his flashlight.

"why is there a light on inside?" scott called out, loud enough for both the boys to hear. stiles' head shut up, and stilinski did a slow jog over to the werewolf.

"did someone contact deaton yet?" stilinski asked.

no one had time to respond, though, as the man himself opened the clinic door with so much force that the bell sent all three boys jumping in their skin.

"nope, but you didn't have to." deatons face was calm, but all eyes went to what was forced into the grasp of one of his arms, "i think i'm caught up."

a man, maybe mid 30s, was struggling within deatons grasp, and his hands were cuffed behind his back.

no one spoke for a second.

"how?" scott spat out, "who is this guy?"

"this is the man the cameras picked up lurking around my shop," deaton sighed, "maybe an hour or two ago. i've been getting information out of him ever since."

stiles made his eyes thin, "do you have her?"

"no." deaton answered for him, "but he's with the people who do." he flickered his eyes over to the sheriff, "you're gonna want to take him in."

"my department," sheriff huffed, taking the man in custody, "yippee."