Chapter 4, Finn's POV

The day was the same as yesterday for my morning routine, though I did make pancakes with batter powder instead of eggs, but it was still a fairly boring day of working and listening to music in my headphones.

Dinah was doing a lot better today so Jonah was free to leave on Marty for the deliveries. It was always an eventful morning here, and even if I didn't need to harvest today I had other chores I neglected yesterday such as cutting more firewood and cleaning up inside the house. As much as I was a hard worker and even enjoyed choring I wasnt a fan of cleaning inside. But once the wood was chopped and in a pile I knew I had to get cleaning since I wanted to vacuum at least once a month.

When I made it inside I started up the vacuum in the living room, mainly needing to clean near the firepit and the back door where we all stepped a lot. I spent a good twenty minutes vacuuming before I felt my cell phone in my back pocket start to vibrate and ring, though the vacuum drowned out my ringtone.

Not many people really called me, so I was a bit confused, and when I turned off the vacuum and took my phone out I saw the number was one I didn't know and it made me more confused. I debated actually answering since the phone number was an area code I had never seen, but I also didn't want to be rude and rarely ever checked my voicemail. So I hit the answer button and held the phone to my ear.

"Hello? Fionna Harris, who is this?" I asked, trying to stay formal in case it was someone who wanted to buy product from us.

"Hi, umm, it's me! The girl from yesterday," the girl on the phone began. "I never got to say, but I'm Briggette, or Bri."

"Well it was nice to meet you yesterday Bri," I replied honestly.

"No it wasn't," she chuckled, "I broke your eggs and I still feel really bad and want to pay you back," she told me.

"It really is okay. It isn't a big deal, I own chickens, I get eggs and didn't need extra that much," I told her. If I hadn't been a few eggs short I wouldn't have gotten to enjoy such nice pancakes so it wasn't bad really. "How did you find my number?" I asked when it dawned on me.

"Oh, it's embarrassing and weird but I was waiting for you, to apologize and stuff, at the store.. A boy told me about you having a card and the lady at the counter gave it to me," she explained. "I'm sorry I just want to pay you back," she added.

"Jonah and Leslie, that's sweet of them, and you. You're very kind but you have no reason to apologize, accidents happen," I told her, and it was true. I wasn't mad, but I did find it really cute how she reached out to me. It had been awhile since a stranger was so kind and she had such a sweet and cute face that made me want to see her again.

"Well, maybe I also just wanted to talk to you more, maybe meet up again," she said and I felt my face heat up, glad she couldn't see it.

"Yeah? Like where?" I asked curious if she knew anything nearby yet.

"Uhh, I'm not sure.. Sorry I'm still very new," she admitted, which I figured.

"Well we could get dinner, or drinks. We have a few food joints and bars in town," I told her.

"Dinner could be nice, where at?" she asked.

"Well want burgers, pizza , pasta, or steak?" I asked since those were the four different kinds of restaurants we had. Though the burger joint had more than that and amazing breakfast until noon everyday.

"Steak," she replied.

"Sounds good, we will meet at the corner restaurant, The Bull," I told her. Honestly The Bull was kind of a barbecue house, the pizza place was small called Giovani's, the burger joint was 50s themed named Tillys Diner, and the pasta place was a fancy restaurant named Asiago.