Chapter 7, Bri's POV

After a few days of living here I applied at every store, the post office, and even the small pharmacy and clinic they had. I did find out there was a real hospital down the road in the opposite direction than this district. That area also had a gas station, fast food, and probably a little more. But it was driving distance not walking distance so I didn't really care much.

I was able to land a job at the boutique, I even met Betty, the woman who makes most of the clothes! She hired me to be a sales person, cashier, and cleaner for the store. She has two other workers but she normally tried to have four, however two have moved away and I'm apparently the first person to move in not for MassMart reasons in a year.

It was exciting to get to work somewhere new and calm. Before moving to New York I worked fast food and at a Spencers once so I had some experience with clothes and retail. I did not want to have to resort to fast food again so I was glad to be hired.

I just finished my second ever shift and was walking to Pats produce to get some dinner. That's when I saw the familiar red haired boy without his hat getting off his horse. I never caught his name but I walked up to him anyway.

"Excuse me," I said and he smiled at me.

"Howdy Miss, Bri isn't it?" he said. He took off his glove and held out his hand to shake mine.

"Yes, hi. I didn't get your name," I replied as I shook his hand.

"Im Jonah, nice to officially meet you. Finn talks about you," he chuckled a bit and I blushed.

"Really? I haven't seen her in a few days so I wasn't sure if she remembered me," I said, trying to sound like I was kidding and not getting obsessed with her.

"You haven't? But every day after chores she goes out and doesn't come back until after we had dinner." he said and my heart dropped.

"Oh," I mumbled. Maybe I should give up on her and just flirt with this guy instead.

"Well, that doesn't mean anything, she may be shopping or drinking again," he suggested.

"Yeah," I nodded.

"I think she really likes you Bri, she probably just is scared. Drinking the fear away you know?" he suggested as he gathered bags from the horse. "Now sorry ma'am but I gotta deliver this."

"Right! Have a good evening," I told him with a fake smile before I began walking home.

When I got home I decided if Finn was gonna just drink and push me away I would push closer. I mean, worst case scenario she tells me to stop and I move on, but best I get a girlfriend! So I took out my phone and sent her a text message.

'Hey! I got a job but I have tomorrow off. Can I see the farm or somethin?' I then changed into my pajamas and got into bed to just wait for a reply. It was only around 6 but I had wifi and a laptop so I could watch Netflix all night long, since the only TV was in the living room. I started up my show when my phone dinged and lit up.

'Sure! I can come get you after I do my chores in the morning! Say 4 pm ish?'

'Works for me! Text me when you leave and I'll send my address!' A big smile spread on my face when she agreed. I paused my show and rushed to my diary to begin writing about my job and my now maybe date to see her farm tomorrow.