Chapter 11, Bri's POV

"What's up there?" I asked when we approached a rock ledge area that looked climbable. I wasn't sure and had only rock-climbed indoors before but it looked easy enough.

"No clue," she told me as she looked up. "But that branch growing over the side could easily be roped," she added pulling a rope from her bag.

"You just have a rope?" I asked.

"I'm a cowgirl, duh," she chuckled a bit. She then did a cliche lasso move and got the rope around the branch as it tightened up on it. She gave it some hard tugs before jumping to hang from it for a few seconds. When her feet were on the ground she pulled it again. "Okay, we can rock climb or rope climb, it isn't too far so up to you."

"I can climb a rock," I told her as I walked up to it. I tried climbing up the rocks in the boots and with the gloves, I had on. It wasn't going well and I jumped down a bit to my feet. "Hold on." I took off my gloves and shoved them into my bag before I tried again. This time the rocks hurt my hands a bit and my feet still wouldn't place right. Soon I gave up and sighed.

"I can't either, especially in these boots," she told me and I nodded.

"Fine," I gave in and began climbing up the rope with a huff.

It wasn't super easy either but it was doable. When I got to the top I pulled myself to my feet and turned to Finn. When she got to the top of the rope I took her hand and helped pull her up to the top, though I don't know if I really did any work. Once standing up she brushed off her pants and fixed her hat that didn't fall off. My hat hadn't either thankfully but I was sure it was going to at first.

"Wow," Fionna said and I turned to look where she was looking. It was a large meadow like area of purple plants. "Sage bushes I think," she told me. "You know, we got our name from how much Brittlebush grows over other plants. Honestly, I can barely stand yellow anymore. But purple, that's a beautiful color."

"It is, but yellow isn't bad either," I told her as I took out my camera. I looked at her and snapped a photo from the side of her before she turned to look at me with a small smile.

"Maybe for now," she told me. "Give please," she held out her hand. I handed over the Polaroid and she crouched down taking a photo of me from an angle with the sun behind me. When it printed we waited to see it and it was probably the best photo of me ever.

"Can I keep this?" I asked.

"Hmmm, maybe, I really like it too," she told me.

"How about I keep this and we take a photo together?" I asked and she nodded.

"Deal, come here," she held the camera out and I Came over to her. She had to bench er knees to put her arm around me and be the same height for the photo. She then took it selfie tyle and we waited for it to print and develop. It was honestly really cute and made me see what a good couple we could make. "Thank you," she said, handing me the camera and putting the photo in her wallet, which made me blush.

I then began walking around the flowers taking photos of them, and soon I found a yellow plant I hadn't seen that wasn't the same as the Brittlebush. I took a photo of it and smiled. "This one is really pretty," I said loudly as she walked towards me.

"That's Harrison Yellow," she told me.

"I think it may be my new favorite flower, it's the perfect yellow and almost looks like a rose," I told her.

"Maybe I could learn to like that one yellow, I mean, it isn't a bad flower."

"Oh really?" I took another photo of the flower.

"Just for you." She held out her hand and I gave her the camera. She took a few photos of me with the bush of flowers.

We spent the day taking photos and exploring before we finally headed back to the house on the horses. When we returned Mel was in the stable feeding the horses.

"There you two are, Cookie is almost done cooking and I need to feed the horses, you need to stop coming back after dinner," Mel scolded Finn slightly.

"I will I will, I promise. I was just dealing with some things. We can talk later," Finn explained. I wondered what she was dealing with but I wasn't going to ask. Bri began putting the horses away with Mel's help and I simply watched since they would be faster. When she was done she came over and smiled. "Want to stay for dinner?" she asked.

"Sure, what we having?" I asked.

"Let's go see." she shrugged a bit before leading the way to the main house we were in earlier. We entered right into the kitchen where a person was cooking on the stove. "Hey Cookie, what's for dinner?"

"Lasagna and garlic bread tonight, it is almost done if you wanna get the drinks and set the table," they explained.

"Got it," Finn replied and went to a cabinet. "Staying or no?" She looked at me.

"Sure, I love lasagna," I semi lied. "Can I help?" I asked.

"Nah I can be fast, just get a drink from the fridge," she said and I went to the fridge. Inside were a lot of drinks so I got lemonade and mixed it with tea in the cup she put on the counter by me that I assume was for me. With my cup in hand, I watched as she set up plates, silverware, and cups.

"Where can I sit?" I asked.

"Here," she pulled a chair out for me and I sat in it, she sat next to me. Soon Mel was inside and sat down at the table followed by Jonah the redhead from earlier. As I looked at everyone someone else showed up, an exact copy of Jonah who sat next to him, leaving one seat for Cookie.

"Twins?" I whispered to Finn and she nodded.

"Jonah, Jacob, Mel, Cookie, this is Bri," she decided to introduce pointing to each person as Cookie sat down after placing all the food on the table.

"Hi," I said with a wave.

"Nice to meet you," Jacob said.

"Nice to remeet you," Jonah added.

"I hope you like my cooking," Cookie said as he began putting spatula servings on each person's plate of lasagna. He then uncovered the bread basket and everyone took turns grabbing some pieces.

"It looks delicious," I told him before we all dug in to eat. It was a mostly quiet dinner since everyone was more focused on the good food than asking us questions.