Chapter 5, Bri's POV

((A/N I am a white person, however I have been doing research on hairstyles and other terms to try and make sure I represent Bri well! If you are a poc and feel I can do better or change something please tell me as IWant to learn and be respectful bringing Bri to life! Also this chapter is longer))

Texting with Fionna was nice, and I added her to my phone as Finn with the bouquet emoji along with her photo in a tux. I wish she knew women in tuxedos are my weakness.

I chose to take a shower before the date and put my hair into simple box braids with no extra extensions. I often add color to them but I didn't have as much time as normal. I also added a full face of makeup and smiled in the mirror of the bathroom.

The bathroom was large with a nice tub and shower and both a normal mirror at the sink and a full length on one wall. It was a great way to check myself out in my black cocktail dress and heels before the date. I did some spins and checked my teeth for lipstick. Finally I felt ready to go and shot Finn a text to let her know I was on my way and grabbed a purse instead of my satchel.

If I was honest, my heels were a bit too much for the walk but I didn't mind. Walking in New York with heels was a challenge and a workout I Was used to. I am only 5 '4 so I wore heels a lot wanting to always be 5' 6-5 '10. Right now I was in 4 inch heels, which made me wonder how tall Fionna is and if she wore heels ever.

Once at the restaurant I chose to not go in, though the outside made it seem less fancy than any steak house in New York. Soon I saw the lovely white horse contrasting with the dark streets that were only illuminated by a few streetlights. On the horse was, of course, Finn.

When she got to the building she hitched her horse to a post and smiled at me. Her pink shirt was tucked into her jeans and her belt buckle was big like a cliche cowboy. Her boots matched her shirt and honestly I loved how she looked both girly and tough masculine. Maybe it was just my bisexuality, I was into pretty much all kinds of style, but androgynous was the best one by far.

"Evening," she greeted as I stared at her, then my face flushed.

"Evening, you look nice," I told her.

"You look stunning," she replied with a wise smile. "But uh, I'm not sure you'll like this place," she added and I tilted my head.

"Why?" I asked.

"It's uh, it's just a bit of a barbecue house, kind of rowdy," she shrugged.

"Well let's go in," I told her. She gave a nod and opened the door for me to go in first. When inside my smile started to fade. It was very midwest themed, and had loud country music, drunk patrons at the bar, tabled with people and kids, and a mechanical bull being ridden. But I forced myself to smile and look at Finn. "It isn't bad but I may be overdressed," I told her loudly over the music.

"So what, you're the prettiest one here," she smiled and it made me blush. I watched her go talk to the hostess and soon we were seated at one of the few two person tables as far from the bull, bar, and stereo as could be.

"So Fionna, come here a lot?" I asked when we were seated and looking at menus.

"Used to, especially as a kid and teen when I didn't work so much."

"What do you do?" I asked even though I probably knew the answer.

"Run the farm, do the sales, clean up the place. A lot. But all stuff I learned at a young age so it comes pretty natural to me."

"Do you like it?"

"Love it. Wouldn't trade my life for anything." As I read, a waiter came over with a smile.