Chapter 10, Finn's POV

We rode from the house down the same path I was use to, passing mountains and other kinds of landscapes. I was use to the sights but any time I looked back she seemed in aw at the nature around us. It was really cute, I liked seeing someone appreciate my home.

"Almost there," I told her as we got close to the ghost town. When we arrived I climbed off Clyde and let hims ground tie, Lizzy could too. I came over and held out a hand to Bri and she took it as she got off her horse.

"What is this place?" she asked, staring at the old buildings.

"Some ghost town, I think from the mid 1800s," I told her.

"This is like, the coolest most rad thing ever," she turned to me. "How did you find it?"

"I was like, 16 just riding around as I always did. Decided to go farther than normal this way and soon I found it. I uh... Well, I kept coming back and have been ever since. I was here the last few days, not ignoring you or out drinking like an addict," I told her unsure what Jonah had told her, I also lied about finding it all alone, which I realize is bad. I just couldnt admit that I found it with my first love, and came here with her almost daily. I wanted to move on and make new memories here.

"So you know everything to know about this place?" she asked.

"I hope so," I chuckled. "Well I Dont know the history, a lot of stuff in city hall was burnt, but the building stayed together well."

"Let's look at this," she pointed to the hotel, and I nodded.

"Sure." The two of us entered the old hotel and explored the rooms and the front desk area. It was cool but no beds were put together since I took the few bedding things that were good. When we were done we met up back downstairs and she had a wide smile on her face and a polaroid in her hand. "Taking pictures?" I asked.

"Yeah, I love to," she told me as she put the few pictures in an envelope and put it and the camera away in her satchel.

"That's fun, I use to but my camera broke a few years ago," I told her, omitting the part where I broke it while upset.

"Well if you ever want to use mine you can, I love having my photo taken," she smiled.

"Honestly, me too," I admitted and she giggled a bit.

"You are photogenic," she told me.

"You too, I mean look at you," I smiled gesturing to her and I saw her face turn a slight red with a blush.

"Where do you normally hang out anyways when you come here?" she asked changing the topic.

"The saloon, come on," I held out my hand and she took it. I led the way to the saloon and inside where I still had my spot set up with a few books around it.

"A piano!" she gasped and ran over to it. She fiddled with it pressing some keys. "Wow, still in tune some how," she said quieter. She then began playing some song that was slightly familiar but also not.

"What song is that?" I asked walking closer.

"Music of the night from phantom of the opera."

"Ah yeah, New York, musicals," I chuckled a bit.

"Yup, love them! I will miss that part of my old apartment, but that is the only thing I will miss," she chuckled a bit.

"Oh really? Why is that?" I asked.

"New York was so loud, and busy, and parties all the time. I was tired of it. I want to watch netflix at six pm and sleep by eight, but my apartment was above a bar and so loud. Besides, no girls were as cute as you there," she explained and I blushed.

"Well you certainly beautied up the town yourself," I told her trying to flirt for once. I think it was working too.

"Speaking of beauty, I got a job at the boutique!" she exclaimed.

"That's awesome! Im glad you work for Betty and not Massmart," I told her and she nodded.

"Is Massmart that bad?" she asked.

"Yeah, they ran out a lot of homes and some shops to make the store, and their corporate workers bought out old houses from farmers who couldnt afford to stay anymore. And once the farms left the shops left had to leave and have trouble getting shipments without buying out of town. All of us left refuse to give them business and keep to our own shops. I know Im lucky to be the only farm so I get all the business, but it shouldnt be that way. We should all have a chance and have more home owned shops and residents who dont want to go to the cheapest mass produced place," I ranted.

"Well I promise to never shop there," she smiled a bit and put her hand on mine.

"Thank you," I took her hand and kissed her knuckles gently. "Want to look at anything else?" I asked.

"Let's just explore I guess," she shrugged with a smile before she got up. I followed her out of the building as we looked around. She walked towards the horses and past them for a moment before she got to a rock ledge. "What's up there?" 

  "What's up there?"