~⊘⊘𝟙~

(y/n) = your name

(f/c) = favorite color

Italics = thoughts

⭑*•̩̩͙⊱••••✩••••̩̩͙⊰•*⭑

(y/n)'s POV:

"Ms. Ever, may I speak for everyone here at Ever After High when I welcome you to our school." I sat in Headmaster Grimm's office as he recited his speech. Earlier this month, I had received a letter stating that I had a recently discovered destiny and would be transferred to Ever After High for the rest of my high school years.

"You must be wondering why you've been moved to Ever After so suddenly," Headmaster Grimm broke me from my thoughts.

"Definitely, sir," I spoke carefully, the Headmaster's powerful presence intimidating me.

"Well, as you know, it is Legacy Year. All the students will sign their name in the Storybook of Legends, pledging their fairytale destiny to the world," Headmaster Grimm faced the window as he spoke, his back turned to me. "Due to certain relationships within stories, we needed to find outsiders who could complete different roles within those stories. You're here to assure no fairytale family romance."

I looked up, my eyes wide as saucers. That's why I'm here?! I thought, not for my own destiny but for someone else's? I once again opened my mouth to speak. "Then who's destiny am I here for?"

"You are destined to be part of the story of Robin Hood, as Maid Marian of course," Headmaster Grimm gathered a folder on his desk, then handed it to me. "Here is your schedule and dorm assignment. Apple White, daughter of Snow White, should be waiting outside my office to give you a tour of our spelltacular school."

"Thank you, Headmaster, I look forward to my time here," lying through my teeth, I grabbed the folder, quickly stood, and left the room. The door groaned loudly as I pushed it open, then scraped against the floor as it closed. Apple White was standing right next to the door, just as the Headmaster had said.

She was tall and thin, with pale skin and rosy cheeks. Her long white-blonde hair fell in waves down her back. Her blue eyes were kind and a smile adorned her cherry red lips. Apple wore a red and white dress with high heels that seemed to fit her perfectly. She perked up and turned towards me once she heard the door.

"Welcome to Ever After High! I'm Apple," Apple hugged me as she introduced herself. My body tensed and I awkwardly hugged back.

"I'm (y/n), (y/n) Ever," I replied, backing out of Apple's embrace.

"Oh, I know, Headmaster Grim told me all about you," Apple smiled.

Totally not creepy or anything, I thought. "So, the uh, the tour?" I reminded Apple.

"Right! Let me see your schedule first, so I can make sure to show you where your classes are." Apple's bubbly personality was beginning to get tiring. She was so sickly sweet, I was unsure if I could get through the entire tour with all her happiness. Just get through this and I can go to my dorm.

"Let's see... oh! We have Princessology and Damsel-in-Distressing together, same thing with Kingdom Management. Then you also have Muse-ic class, Grimmnastics, and Creative Storytelling," Apple seemed way too into my schedule.

And I have to share classes with her, great, I mentally rolled my eyes at the thought.

"Well, we better get going so you have time to unpack before lunch!" Apple motioned for me to follow her down the hallway.