~⊘𝟙⊘~

(y/n) = your name

(f/c) = favorite color

Italics = thoughts

⭑*•̩̩͙⊱••••✩••••̩̩͙⊰•*⭑

(y/n)'s POV:

Cupid and I walked outside just in time for the Legacy Day ceremony. Students sat in rows of extravagant chairs. Everyone was dressed in the outfits they'd inherited from their fairy tale ancestors and chattering excitedly to however they sat next to. Cupid and I quickly made our way to our assigned seats. I was sitting next to Sparrow, Tucker and Jonah behind us. People with shared stories seemed to be sitting together. Cupid was on my other side looking overly excited.

"Today's the day," I leaned my head onto Sparrow's shoulder. He grasped my hand, laying our conjoined ones on his knee.

"We'll be alright," Sparrow rested his head on mine. I sighed relaxing into him.

"Lovebirds," Cupid said dreamily as I shot a glare at her. She chuckled before turning back to look at the main stage. I felt Sparrow squeeze my hand, causing me to look up at him.

"Do you think Raven's gonna sign?" he asked, his voice much quieter than usual.

"I don't know," I said honestly, "But if she doesn't, it's gonna change everything."

"Attention students of Ever After High!" Headmaster Grimm spoke into the microphone, interrupting Sparrow and I's conversation. "It is time for our Legacy Day ceremony to begin." The students' conversations quieted, leaving the sound of hushed whispers and shifting chairs.

One by one, students began to walk up to the Storybook of Legends and pledge their fairy tale destiny to the world. I fiddled with the ruffles of my jacket, nerves and anxiety building up in my stomach.

What if Sparrow doesn't want to sign? Will he poof from existence? Will I poof from existence?! The closer it got to Sparrow and I turn, the more my thoughts began to spiral. Apple's heels clicking brought me back to reality as she walked toward the podium.

"I am Apple White, daughter of Snow White, and I am ready to pledge my destiny!" she announced. A key appeared in front of Apple. She took it in her hand before inserting it into the Storybook of Legends. The book sprang open and Apple's look of pure joy was displayed on the mirrors behind her. A feathered quill appeared just as the key did, and Apple signed her name into the book, securing her destiny. The crowd of students and teachers applauded Apple as she gave them kisses.

"And next, Raven Queen," Headmaster Grimm said into the microphone. Lightning flashed in the background as Raven stepped up to the podium. Whispers floated through the crowd as Apple bounced excitedly behind Raven.

"I am Raven Queen, daughter of the Evil Queen, and I pledge...uh...I," Raven stuttered, the words getting stuck in her throat. I sat up straighter, nervous as to how this was going to go.

"Come on, do it!" part of Apple's encouragement was picked up by the mic. Raven looks back at the headmaster before she turns back, a key now floating by the Storybook of Legends. She inserts it into the book and her expression morphs into one of horror. Raven's hands shake and she hesitates to take the feather that appeared.

"I am Raven Queen," a refound confidence is in her voice, "And I am going to write my own destiny! My happily ever after starts now!" Raven slams the book shut and the mirrors around her shatter. The crowd erupts in chaos, Royal students booing while the Rebels cheer in support. I sit in shock, Sparrow taking a moment to process before cheering for Raven as well. I shake my head before joining the applause.

A purple light washes over the crowd and when I look back to the stage, both Raven and Apple are gone.

"Students, we will be continuing the ceremony after repairing the mirror screens," Headmaster Grimm announces. "Please remain in your seats for this small delay." While Madam Baba Yaga and Headmaster Grimm repair the screens, students are shouting, whispering, and yelling at each other. The sea of upset students wouldn't calm, Raven's scene caused too much of an uproar.

"Raven just totally flipped the script!" Cupid gasps, holding a hand to her cheek.

"Hex yeah she did! It was royally awesome!" Sparrow played a cord on his guitar.

"Apple has to be so upset," I laughed, my dislike for the Royal clearly showing. With that, Headmaster Grimm walked back to the podium and announced that the ceremony would be resuming. Sparrow, Tucker, Jonah, and I got up, walking towards the steps since we were signing after the students that were currently up. Sparrow would go before me and I was nervous that he wouldn't sign, especially after what Raven just did.

"Next up is Sparrow Hood," Headmaster Grimm said before returning to the back of the stage. Sparrow strutted towards the podium, crossing his arms as he stood in front of the entire school.

"I am Sparrow Hood, son of Robin Hood," he began. I held my breath, waiting for what he'd do next. "And I pledge to follow my destiny," with that, a green and black key appeared next to him. Sparrow took it, inserting it into the Storybook of Legends. From where I stood, I saw the soft smile on Sparrow's face as opposed to his usual cocky smirk. A mirror flashed into existence, showing Sparrow on a stage, not the king he thought would be shown. Sparrow looked shocked and barely had enough time to process it before the mirror turned into a quill. He took it and signed the book, looking back at me with a proud grin. I smiled back, shaping my hands into a heart as he left the stage.

"And next, (y/n) Ever," Headmaster Grimm once again said. I straightened my dress, walked to the podium, and took a deep breath.

"I am (y/n) Ever," my voice was confident and precise, any nerves I had couldn't be detected, "And I pledge to follow my destiny as the next Maid Marian." My own gold and (f/c) key appeared, an arrow engraved into it. As I inserted it into the keyhole, the Storybook of Legends flipped to my own page. A series of images appeared, detailing Sparrow and I's story. I saw myself wearing a tunic and pants, a bow and arrow strapped to my back with a sword on my belt. I saw Sparrow and I fighting side by side through many battles. The last image I saw was a wedding, me and Sparrow stood at the altar with our hands joined.

When I looked up, a mirror showed me in the future. I was strong with several battle scars, but I was happy. The mirror swirled into a feather and I plucked it from the air. I signed my name in gorgeous golden ink, sealing my destiny. The book snapped shut and I waved to the crowd as the students cheered.

As I walked off the stage and down the steps, I was swooped into someone's arms. Sparrow had pulled me into his arms and lifted me off the ground, twirling me in the air. I laughed with delight, wrapping my arms around his neck and burying my face in his hair. As Sparrow set me down, he gave me a quick peck on the lips, his arms wrapped loosely around my waist.

"Happy Legacy Day," Sparrow caressed my cheek.

"Happy Legacy Day," I repeated, leaning into his palm.

⭑*•̩̩͙⊱••••✩••••̩̩͙⊰•*⭑

|1251 words|