~⊘𝟙५~

(y/n) = your name

Italics = thoughts

⭑*•̩̩͙⊱••••✩••••̩̩͙⊰•*⭑

(y/n)'s POV:

Sparrow led me out of the school and to his dorm room. His room was in a treehouse near the entrance to the forest where he stayed with the rest of the Merry Men. Sparrow opened his dorm for me, letting me walk inside as he followed.

"Such a gentleman," I teased.

"Only for my girl," he shot back causing me to flush pink. Sparrow chuckled and pulled me into his chest as I hid my face in my hands. "You wait here, songbird. I'm gonna steal some snacks from Jonah," Sparrow kisses my forehead before leaving to another room in the treehouse. I take the time to observe his dorm.

A few beanbags in the center of the room face a mirror screen. The table the screen rests on has a couple of video game consoles as well as a few speakers. Several band posters are placed haphazardly on the walls. On the far wall is an unmade double bed with dark green sheets, a black comforter with a geometric pattern draped over it. There are also several guitars and amps scattered around, wires running along the dark green carpet in the center of the floor.

"I hope you like potato chips, 'cause that's all he had," Sparrow reenters the room, breaking me from my trance.

"Chips are fine," I turn to smile at him. He instead captures me in a kiss. I wrap my arms around his neck, standing on my toes so I can reach him better. Sparrow smiles into the kiss as he rests his hands on my hips. Suddenly, Sparrow picked me up by my thighs. I quickly wrapped my arms and legs around him tighter.

"I won't let you fall," he reassured before sitting us in one of the beanbags. I sighed happily in response, nuzzling my head into the crook of his neck. Sparrow kissed the top of my head before attempting to pull me in closer than we already are.

"Hey, Sparrow?" I asked quietly. He hummed in acknowledgment. "Will you be my date to the True Hearts Day dance?" He gave my body a squeeze.

"I thought you'd never ask, songbird."

⭑*•̩̩͙⊱••••✩••••̩̩͙⊰•*⭑

A loud hollow bang sounded as I knocked on the steel door. Sparrow and I held up our heart-decorated invites as a small window opened. It then shut quickly as the female troll opened the door, allowing us access to the dance. The party hall was filled with balloons, disco balls, and confetti. Music was blaring from the DJ station at the back of the room. The hall was tinted pink from the lighting and students were dancing happily.

"Wanna grab some punch?" Sparrow asked, his arm draped around my waist.

"Sure!" I smiled back as we walked through the crowd. Briar and Hopper stood next to the punch bowl, talking lightly as they observed the dance. "Briar!" I called over the music and waved to get her attention.

"Hey (y/n), Sparrow," she greeted.

"H-hey (y/n)," Hopper said anxiously. Sparrow glared at him and wrapped the arm that was previously around my waist around my shoulders jealousy. I swatted his chest with a playful glare in response.

"The dance turned out hexcellent," I mused. Sparrow then handed me a cup of punch as I thanked him.

"I had some help," Briar winked at me and placed a hand on Hopper's shoulder. Hopper laughed awkwardly, stuttering slightly before turning into a frog and landing in the punch bowl.

"I appreciate your kind kudos, fair maiden," he said royally as Briar, Sparrow, and I laughed.

"We'll spell you later, Briar," I said as I threw out my empty cup and grabbed Sparrow's hand. "Right now, we have a dance to enjoy." I pulled Sparrow to the dance floor, laughing happily as I wrapped my hands around his neck. Sparrow also seemed to enjoy himself as we swayed and danced to the beat. I got lost in his eyes, it was as if he was the only thing that existed to me. The only thing that broke us from our trance was when the female DJ announced herself to the crowd.

"What's up, Ever After?" the crowd cheered as a girl with purple and white hair got on the microphone. "Ready for me to drop some True Hearts tunes?" A techno beat started playing as more students got on the dance floor. Sparrow spun me as was danced without a care in the world. The smiles that were plastered on our faces were so big my cheeks began to hurt. Someone behind me bumped into me, pushing me into Sparrow's chest, but I didn't mind. I just kept focusing on my True Hearts Day love.

"Give it up for Melody Piper!" Cupid interrupts as the music comes to a stop. The crowd cheers in response. Sparrow wraps an arm around my shoulder, pulling me into him as we watch.

"Now since True Hearts Day hasn't been spellabrated in such a long time, I wanted to tell everyone what it's all about," Cupid says as she holds up the book that details the holiday. She opens the book and its contents is displayed on the mirror screen. "Once upon a time, there grew a very special tree, the Heart Tree," Cupid began. "And even if the winter was harsh and the other trees failed to bloom, the Heart Tree blossomed no matter what. And so our fairy-tale ancestors gave the blossoms to each other on True Hearts Day to show that even though it's not always easy, true love will always find a way."

I looked up at Sparrow to find him already looking at me with a soft smile decorating his face. He cupped my face in his hands, lifting it up so he could press a light kiss to my lips. I smile into it, letting my body melt into him.

"And so to encourage all of us to follow our true heart," Cupid's voice breaks us from our tender moment. She whistles, signaling dozens of small fairies to fly into the room. Fairy dust floats around as the fairies drop heart-shaped blossoms into each person's hands. "Make sure to give yours to someone special to you," Cupid advises. I look down at my blossom curiously before Ashlynn's voice brings my attention back to the stage.

"Can I, Hunter?" Ashlynn grabs the microphone. "When I listen to my true heart, it tells me that you're my Prince Charming." I awe at the line, resting my head on Sparrow's shoulder.

"But how can you be a royal and date Hunter?" Blondie interjects. Hunter looks hurt and nervous at the comment.

"I don't know," Ashlynn admits, "But if writing our own happily ever after means I can't be a Royal, then call me Ashlynn Ella, the Rebel!" Many people in the crowd gasped but more cheered, proud of Ashlynn's statement. Sparrow and I clap in support, understanding the inner turmoil Ashlynn must have felt. "I'd like to give this to you, Hunter, if you'll have it," Ashlynn holds her blossom out to Hunter.

"Of course," Hunter smiles, accepting Ashlynn's apology. The crowd once again cheers as people begin to give and receive the blossoms. Apple gives hers to Ashlynn and Lizzie Hearts steals as many as she can. Sparrow brings my attention to him by grabbing both my hands in his.

"(y/n), I've never met anyone like you. You ground me and make me happier. You're royally hexcellent," Sparrow's face grows redder with every word. "Will you be not only my True Hearts Day love but my girlfriend?" My heart is beating out of my chest as I pull Sparrow into a hug.

"Forever after."

⭑*•̩̩͙⊱••••✩••••̩̩͙⊰•*⭑

|1300 words|

OMG this chapter is sooo fluffy, I can't handle it. Hope y'all enjoy the budding romance tho

- Quartz