~⊘⊘ϩ~

(y/n) = your name

(f/f) = favorite food

Italics = thoughts

⭑*•̩̩͙⊱••••✩••••̩̩͙⊰•*⭑

(y/n)'s POV:

"Of course! Speaking of, Maid Marian, when are you going to meet your Robin Hood?"

Cupid was looking at me with a devious smile on her face. She obviously knew something I didn't. Putting down the shoes I was holding, I looked her in the eyes, silently asking her to go on. Picking up on this, Cupid continued.

"The son of Robin Hood, Sparrow Hood, also goes to Ever After," Cupid said, "he's in a band, too. They're called The Merry Men."

That caught my interest. He's in a band? Maybe this destiny will be bearable then, I thought. "Please tell me they're not lame, Cupid" I flopped onto the bed, narrowly avoiding a box. Cupid shifted where she sat, trying to come up with an answer to my question. "Oh my fairy godmother, you better not say he plays the trombone or something," I was beginning to get nervous about who my "prince charming" was. I don't want to have to spend forever after with some stuck-up nerd, or worse, a narcissistic jock.

"Oh, no, definitely not," Cupid laughed, "Sparrow plays the guitar, and they're not bad, just very...loud?" Cupid wasn't sure about that answer, but I didn't question it. "They're a rock band, so that's to be expected, I guess."

"Oh thank the stars!" I exclaimed which made Cupid laugh again. "While I'd love to talk more about the destiny I don't want, I should probably finish unpacking," out of the corner of my eye, I saw Cupid freeze as she got quiet.

"You don't want your destiny?" Cupid asked quietly. Taking a deep breath, I took a few seconds to figure out how to word my answer.

"I was uprooted from my life just to fill a spot in some stranger's story," I started. "It's so royally unfair! I had friends, I had a family, and now Grimm just wants me to give it all up for some guy. I was supposed to be a background character, someone who didn't have a set destiny, I never really wanted to be a princess." I looked down, fiddling with my hands. I had yet to tell anyone about how I felt being forced to transfer to Ever After High. The bed shifted and Cupid wrapped her arm around my shoulders.

"I'm so sorry, (y/n), I didn't think of it like that," Cupid squeezed me into her side. "There are two sides here at Ever After; the Royals and the Rebels. Royals want to sign the Storybook of Legends, following in their parent's footsteps. Rebels want to choose their own destiny." Cupid grabbed my hands and looked me in the eye. "You, my friend, are a rebel."

⭑*•̩̩͙⊱••••✩••••̩̩͙⊰•*⭑

Cupid and I had just finished decorating my side of the room when the bell rang, signaling lunch. We decided to walk to the castleteria, chatting slightly on the way. I could see some students out of the corner of my eye staring at me and whispering with their friends. Being the new girl and being seen with Apple White probably doesn't help this, I thought. Shifting nervously under their judgemental gaze, Cupid and I finally reached the castleteria. Cupid, however, stopped me just before we entered.

"You better not mention being a rebel to Apple. She's super hung up on following your destiny, especially since her Evil Queen, Raven, doesn't want to follow hers," Cupid warned me.

After assuring I wouldn't bring it up, we walked into the castleteria. The room was bustling with life, the students of Ever After laughing and talking with their friends. The castleteria itself was filled with light, huge windows taking up an entire wall. Long tables were placed around for students to eat at and the kitchen area was along the wall across from the windows. Apple waved to me and Cupid from her table. I noticed she sat with Briar, Ashlynn, and two girls I didn't recognize. Cupid went over to tell her we'd be right there as soon as we got our food. We got online, Cupid getting a salad and fruit while I got (f/f).

"Hey (y/n), Cupid! How's decorating going?" Ashlynn asked as we sat down.

"It went great, we actually finished right before we came here," I replied. Cupid nodded her head, agreeing with my statement.

"Oh my fairy godmother, I completely forgot we still needed to introduce you to Raven and Maddie!" Apple suddenly remembered. "This is Raven, daughter of the Evil Queen," Apple gestured to a pale girl with purplish hair. She had a feathered collar and a gothic dress. "And this is Madeline Hatter, daughter of the Mad Hatter," Apple then motioned to an excited girl with mint and purple hair. She appeared to be sharing a cup of tea with a dormouse. "Raven, Maddie, this is (y/n)."

"Hi, welcome to Ever After-" Raven got cut off by Maddie.

"This is hat-tastic! Would you care for a cup of tea?" Maddie asks. I smile and accept her offer.

Throughout lunch, the girls ask me about how I'm liking Ever After, what classes I have, my destiny, if I've seen any cute guys, etc. So general teen girl gossip. Drifting out of the conversation, I noticed someone new walk into the castleteria. It was a tall, ginger male with a guitar strapped to his back. He wore a studded black leather vest and black boots with a similar design. His presence was loud as he walked over to a table with two other guys. Briar noticed me staring and nudged Apple, a smirk apparent on her face. When I looked back at the table, all the girls had a similar expression. Except for Cupid, that is, she had a sickly sweet smile.

I looked at the girls with a perplexed expression. "What?" I asked them bluntly. Apple giggled, her voice muffled as she covered her mouth with her hand. "Seriously guys, what is it?" I asked them again. Cupid finally relieved me of my confusion.

"That, (y/n)," she said, "Is Sparrow Hood."

⭑*•̩̩͙⊱••••✩••••̩̩͙⊰•*⭑

|1024 words|