~⊘𝟙Ϭ~

(y/n) = your name

(f/c) = favorite color

Italics = thoughts

⭑*•̩̩͙⊱••••✩••••̩̩͙⊰•*⭑

(y/n)'s POV:

The Thronecoming dance was tonight and Raven, Apple, Blondie, Cupid, Briar, Duchess, and I were getting our dresses fitted. Each of us stood on a dress podium as fairies wrapped fabric around us to create our dresses. My own dress was floor length and full, and the underdress is made of white tule. It also has a (f/c) leaf design on the front. In addition, white puffy wrist-length sleeves attach to the underdress. A (f/c) overcoat lays on top of it. It has off-the-shoulder straps and a button-up bodice. The part covering the dress skirt splits down the middle, revealing the underdress. Paired with the outfit are teardrop-shaped earrings, a black ribbon choker, and a (f/c) masquerade mask.

"Can you believe it? Raven is going to sign!" Apple wouldn't stop talking about the 'exciting' news. "It's like my birthday and New Chapter Day and True Hearts Day all wrapped into one!" The fairy pulled Apple's corset too tight, causing her to exclaim in surprise.

"Argh! We get it!" Briar shouts out suddenly. All the girls look at her in surprise.

"Whoa, what's ruffled your feathers," Duchess asked snarkily.

"It's just, it's not as easy as you make it sound, Apple," Briar admitted.

"What's not?" Apple is completely oblivious. I sigh at her question

"Following our destinies," Briar was obviously getting frustrated. "I mean, do you really think I want to sleep for a hundred years?"

"Well, you are going to miss out on all the great parties," Raven is just as oblivious as Apple.

"Thanks not the point, Raven," I cross my arms.

"Is that how you guys see me? Just a party girl?" Briar's voice is full of hurt. "I don't want to sleep because I'm going to lose all my friends. I'm gonna be alone. How do you think that feels?" All of the girls have different levels of guilt on their faces.

"I never thought about that," Raven looks away awkwardly.

"Well, I have. And now that you're gonna sign, well, it changes everything," Briar enters one of the closets.

"But Briar, we all have our part to play," Apple follows her as the other girls and I wait outside the closet.

"Easy for you to say, Apple," Briar is growing tired of Apple. "You get poisoned for what, like a week?" We all cringe at the comment.

"Briar, I'm sorry you're upset, but," Apple gets cut off.

"I'm happy for you, Apple. I'm happy that Raven is going to sign, but now I don't think I want to," Briar moves to exit the closet. As Briar goes to exit the shop, I glare back at Apple.

"Not everything is about you and not everyone thinks like you, Apple," I hiss before leaving the shop with Briar.

⭑*•̩̩͙⊱••••✩••••̩̩͙⊰•*⭑

Floats were preceding through Book End. Each one was themed to the student who was riding it. Glitter and confetti were thrown through the air as the students waved to the crowd who had gathered to watch. Sparrow and I were at the back of the procession on a float designated to our story. On it were a few fake trees to give the illusion of a lush forest as well as a wanted poster and bow and arrow. We were dressed in our Thronecoming outfits for the special occasion.

"This is so weird," I told Sparrow as we waved to the crowd. He chuckled at my apprehension to participate.

"I know, but we have to do it," Sparrow threw some beaded necklaces to the children in the audience. They squealed as they collected the costume jewelry.

"Why is this necessary?" I asked as I forced a smile.

"Grimm says it 'inspires us to follow our destinies,'" Sparrow intertwined our hands as we waved with our free ones.

"Of course it does," I sighed as we reached the end of the parade route. We left our float before gathering with the rest of the crowd around the makeshift Legacy Day stage. Headmaster Grimm insisted on having Raven sign in front of the entirety of Book End as a lesson for the other students. While I don't like what's going on right now, that sunset is really pretty, I admitted to myself. Layers of purple, red, orange, and yellow provided a scenic backdrop for the podium. Before long, however, Headmaster Grimm, Apple, and Raven interrupted the view.

"And so as many of you remember, there was a minor, ahem, chapter break at Legacy Day," the headmaster began his speech. I, in response, clutched Sparrow's hand in nervousness. "But, I'm happy to report that has now been resolved. Raven Queen is going to sign the Storybook of Legends!" The crowd cheered around me as I stayed silent. Sparrow gave a slight whistle but otherwise didn't celebrate. Raven stepped up to the podium as the audience applauded.

"My name is Raven Queen," she began.

"Raven! Raven!" Cedar was waving her hands in an attempt to get Raven's attention. She quickly made her way onto the stage.

"Miss Wood, split!" Headmaster Grimm hissed.

"Raven!" Cedar pushed past the headmaster. "That's not the real Storybook of Legends! That's a fake!" Raven's face morphed into one of horror as the crowd gasped in shock. I covered my gaping mouth as Sparrow shrieked out a surprised "What?!" Apple and Headmaster Grimm quickly rushed to the podium.

"Uh, calm down," the headmaster attempted to resolve the situation. "Thronecoming pranks are a traditional occurrence."

"This isn't a prank!" Cedar forced herself to the podium. "My revealer rays only tell the truth. And that is not the real Storybook of Legends!" The audience gasped again. Sparrow rubbed my back gently in support.

"Calm down," the headmaster chuckled. "This has gone far enough. Miss Queen, it is time for you to sign the book and seal your destiny."

"I'm sorry, but if Cedar says the book is fake, then it is," Raven took a step back cautiously.

"Raven, no!" Apple just had to bring the spotlight back to her.

"I guess I should have known better than to trust you, Raven Queen," the headmaster slammed the book shut. "You probably did all this just to make me look foolish!"

"This is turning into a soap opera," I whispered to Sparrow while he nodded in agreement.

"No, I want to sign!" Raven shouted back. "I really do, but-"

"This isn't the end," Headmaster Grimm threatened as he walked off the stage. Raven looked down in sadness before leaving with Apple. The rest of the crowd slowly dispersed.

"Well, I wasn't expecting that," I joked before turning to Sparrow.

"Totally," he agreed.

"We should get back to the castle soon, you need rest before the big game tomorrow," I smiled.

"Sure, songbird," Sparrow gave me a chaste kiss before we walked back to the school hand in hand.

⭑*•̩̩͙⊱••••✩••••̩̩͙⊰•*⭑

|1158 words|