~⊘⊘Ϭ~

(y/n) = your name

(f/c) = favorite color

(n/n) = nickname

(h/l) = hair length

(h/c) = hair color

(s/c) = skin color

Italics = thoughts

⭑*•̩̩͙⊱••••✩••••̩̩͙⊰•*⭑

(y/n)'s POV:

"Oh my fairy godmother, Cupid, I just did something spelltacularly stupid," I groaned, flopping onto my (f/c) bedsheets. I can't believe I not only talked to Sparrow but held his hand and am going on a date with him later, I thought, my eyes widening at the last part. Wait a second, is this a date or are we just hanging out?! He probably thinks we're just hanging out, so I'll go with that. Cupid immediately came over to me and started rubbing my back.

"(n/n), what's wrong? I'm sure it's not that bad," she reassured me. I sat up and looked at Cupid, my eyes wide with tears of concern glistening in them. "Oh, (y/n)," Cupid gave me a hug, letting me calm down before asking any questions.

"SoIthinkIreallylikeSparrowbutIonlymethimtodayandnowwe'remeetingtonight," I rushed out. Cupid looked at me with a confused expression.

"I'm gonna need you to repeat that," she smiled. And so, I told Cupid all about what happened today, starting with Muse-ic class and ending with the note I left in Sparrow's pocket. Cupid was over the moon with the news, since love is her whole thing and all.

"So~" Cupid drew out, "What are you gonna do in the woods?" A mischievous tone was present in her voice.

"I was thinking we'd just walk around and talk," I said. "I mean, we're just hanging out," I shrugged.

"(y/n)," Cupid groaned, "That's so boring! We're talking about love here, you need fairy lights and rose petals and candles!"

"But that's so nerve-wracking!" I protested.

"It's also magical. Love doesn't have to be scary, ya know?" Cupid placed her hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah, I know, but I've also only known Sparrow for a few hours!" I really didn't want to figure out how to set up what Cupid was talking about in only a couple of hours.

"Okay, okay, we'll just have to save it for when you're officially dating," Cupid giggled. "I am doing your hair and makeup, though."

⭑*•̩̩͙⊱••••✩••••̩̩͙⊰•*⭑

It was now a quarter to eight and I was standing in a small clearing that many students at Ever After used to meet up. I adjusted my dress, shifting where I stood. Cupid had curled my (h/l) (h/c) hair and done a nice job on my makeup so that it matched my (s/c) complexion. From behind me, I could hear the movement of a bush and the slight crunching of leaves. I turned around to find a small green snake with bright yellow eyes. It didn't seem malicious in any way, so I crouched down and held my dominant hand out.

"Hello there," I said, tilting my head with a smile. The snake stopped coming towards me. "Who are you? Are you someone at Ever After's pet?" I asked it. The snake blinked in response and slithered towards me once again. It then curled around my wrist and looked at me. I stood up, careful not to bother the creature currently wrapped around my forearm.

"Seems like he likes you," a voice said from the entrance to the forest. Turning, I saw Sparrow standing watching me with his hands on his hips.

"He's yours?" I asked, quirking an eyebrow. Sparrow and I walk towards each other and I transferred the snake onto his arm.

"Yeah, his name is Arrow, I found him my first year," Arrow nuzzled Sparrow's cheek. I smiled at the two as they were obviously close companions. Arrow then slithered off of Sparrow and into the bushes. "He's a very independent snake," Sparrow joked. We then fell into a slightly awkward silence before I finally spoke up.

"Want to go for a little walk before curfew?" I asked Sparrow. He smiled at me and intertwined our hands.

"I thought you'd never ask," he responded.

And so, we walked around the forest surrounding Ever After High, talking about anything and everything that came to mind. Sparrow was currently telling me about the Merry Men and what he wanted to do with his band after we graduated.

"I never really cared all that much about following my destiny, ya know?" he said. "I've only ever really wanted to play music and if following my destiny means I can't do that, then someone else can take my destiny," this was an unusual side to Sparrow. I had only known him for a day, but I could tell that he was usually upbeat and extravagant.

"I don't see why you can't follow your destiny and play in a band," I told him, a look of reassurance in my eyes. "Your destiny is just one chapter of your whole story, don't go and try to make it the whole book." I stroked Sparrow's hand with my thumb. "While our story may be a little longer than some others, it'll end at some point and then you'll have plenty of time to continue your dream after your Happily Ever After."

"I guess," Sparrow started, "But it sucks that we even need to deal with this in the first place." I gave a solemn nod and rested my head on Sparrow's shoulder.

"Yesterday I thought I was going to hate whoever was the cause of me coming here," I said, not looking Sparrow in the eyes, "but now, I think I'll be okay." I looked up and saw Sparrow looking at me with an expression of slight surprise on his face. His cheeks were tinted red and his eyes shone with vague admiration. For a split second, my eyes flickered to his lips then back up to his eyes. Sparrow noticed and we both leaned in slightly. My lips were ghosting over Sparrow's when all of a sudden, the loud chime of a clock tower went off, breaking us from our trance. We quickly backed away from each other.

"Curfew!" I gasp, clutching my hands to my chest. "I didn't realize we'd been out so long!"

"You need to get back to the castle," Sparrow urged me.

"But what about you!" my voice was laced with concern.

"My dorm is out here in the woods, don't worry," Sparrow comforted me. He then grabbed my hand and started walking to the forest exit. "Come on!" he said loudly. Sparrow and I started to run to the castle, worrying that it would be covered in its magical vines before we got there. Luckily, we got to the entrance before the vines sprouted and I only tripped once.

"Make sure to get back to your dorm before any teachers spot you," Sparrow told me.

"I'll be fine," I reassured him, "Just focus on getting to your dorm before you get caught in the vines."

"Don't worry, I always do," Sparrow tucked a strand of (h/c) hair behind my ear and kissed my forehead before he turned to exit the castle. I touched where his lips had been, my face turning as red as Apple's dress, and smiled to myself, walking back to my own dorm.

⭑*•̩̩͙⊱••••✩••••̩̩͙⊰•*⭑

|1205 words|

They're in love~

- Quartz