~⊘𝟙𝟠~

(y/n) = your name

(h/l) = hair length

(h/c) = hair color

(f/c) = favorite color

Italics = thoughts

⭑*•̩̩͙⊱••••✩••••̩̩͙⊰•*⭑

(y/n)'s POV:

Cupid and I were getting ready for the Thronecoming dance. She was sitting at her vanity doing her heart-shaped lipstick while I styled my (h/l), (h/c) hair. Our outfits hung on a closet door waiting to be worn.

"Sparrow's gonna be head over heels for you," Cupid commented. A light blush covered my face and I put down my hairbrush.

"You think so?" I stared at my reflection in the mirror, analyzing my appearance. My hair was styled elegantly with no strand out of place. My makeup was perfect for a formal event. Cupid had painted my nails a shimmery (f/c) to match my dress.

"Yes, (y/n), you're gorgeous," Cupid placed her hands on my shoulders and made eye contact through the mirror. "Let's put our dresses on, the dance is starting soon." Cupid took her dress and entered her walk-in closet. I took mine and entered my own. I quickly zipped up my dress and buttoned the (f/c) overcoat. I then put on my (f/c) heels and jewelry before exiting the closet. Cupid was already in the room and smoothing out her dress.

She had on a light pink ballgown with black and yellow accents. Her bodice was hot pink with gold swirls and black straps. Glittering black fabric overlaid the top of her skirt. The front of her dress opened up to reveal golden heeled sandals. Her wings curved upwards to avoid messing up her hair. A golden masquerade mask finished off the look.

"You look spellbinding, Cupid!" I gushed. She twirled slightly to show off her outfit.

"Thank you! You look spelltacular, too," Cupid returned the compliment. I thanked her before grabbing my (f/c) masquerade mask from my bed.

"Let's get this party started!" I smiled before Cupid and I left for the Thronecoming dance.

⭑*•̩̩͙⊱••••✩••••̩̩͙⊰•*⭑

Raven, Apple, Briar, Ashlynn, Blondie, Maddie, Cupid, Cerise, Cedar, Poppy, Holly, Lizzie, Kitty, and I stood outside the tall wooden doors that led to the Thronecoming dance. We lined up and smoothed out our outfits as we waited to enter. After a moment, the large doors creaked open and we entered, a bright white light illuminating us from behind. The whole school stared and gasped as we entered. I tensed at the attention.

I slightly removed my mask and threw my (h/c) hair over my shoulder. When I returned my gaze to the crowd, I locked eyes with Sparrow. He was wearing a black suit jacket with gold studded shoulders and a dark blue vest. He also wore black slacks and a black button-up with a green tie. His ginger hair was slicked back and covered by a fedora.

His eyes were wide and a pink tint covered his face as he took in my appearance. I held my hands in front of me as I looked up at him with a shy expression. Sparrow gave me a smile of reassurance as I walked over to him.

"You look absolutely stunning," he whispered in my ear before turning his attention to the stage. My face went red as he grabbed my hand and interlocked our fingers.

"Welcome everyone," Headmaster Grimm said before being interrupted by microphone feedback. The crowd grimaced before Humphrey Dumpty ran onto the stage and fixed the mic. "To Ever After High's Thronecoming dance!" the headmaster continued. Everyone cheered in excitement for the event. The curtain behind Headmaster Grimm dropped to reveal several of the murals from Heritage Hall.

"The school tradition where we spellabrate our stories and those who came before us," the headmaster raised his arms for dramatic effect. A spotlight and microphone feedback pulled our attention to the DJ booth.

"We'll get to the big announcement, Thronecoming king and queen, soon!" Melody Piper said. "But now, let's get this party started! Follow me!" A rainbow light shot toward the disco ball in the center of the room. Beams of color lit up the dance floor as the fairytale students oohed and awed. A techno beat started to play and everyone began to dance.

Sparrow grabbed me by the waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck. We swayed and bopped to the beat, not caring about who watched us. Sparrow twirled me and I gave a blissful laugh. He then let go of my hands and I looked at him with a confused smile.

"Is something wrong?" I asked with a lopsided grin. Sparrow caressed my cheek, his soft smile full of absolute happiness.

"Absolutely nothing," he said softly before leaning in for a kiss. His hands rested on my hips while my own went to his shoulders. I smiled into the kiss, savoring every moment. When we parted, Sparrow took my face in his hands. The pads of his fingers felt rough to the touch due to years of guitar playing.

"I love you," he stared into my eyes. I blinked, my eyes growing bigger and my face turning red.

"...What?" I asked, not believing my ears.

"I love you," Sparrow repeated, this time in a whisper. He was about to pull away when I nuzzled my cheek into his palm.

"I love you, too," I said back. My heart was beating out of my chest as Sparrow looked at me with utter contentment. He pressed another kiss to my lips. It was slow and kind with every fiber of love we had shared between us. When we broke the kiss, Sparrow rested his forehead on mine, his eyes half shut.

"Forever after?" Sparrow asked me.

"Forever after," I confirmed.

⭑*•̩̩͙⊱••••✩••••̩̩͙⊰•*⭑

|952 words|

And it's done! I hope you all enjoyed Orenda, I had a lot of fun writing it. If you want to read more of my stories, I'll be working on a Roxanne Wolf x Reader next. Thanks for reading my story :)

- Quartz