Prologue

Your pov

I had just finished my last patient of the day and was getting ready to head home, when my boss walked in.

"Hey, Y/N. You did a great job on your first day. I knew I did well hiring you." He says with a smile.

"Thanks." I smile back. "I think I'm going to like working here." I get up, telling him and my coworkers goodbye as I walk out the door to my car. I was quite happy that my first day had gone well and no accidents happened. I was born with powers and strangely had no memories of the first six years of my life. My powers consisted of being able to shoot ice from my fingers and making it snow at will, along with the ability to create illusions. I've tried asking my parents about that several times, but whenever I asked they either ignored me, or got angry and told me to stop asking, so I gave up. I was about five minutes from home, when I began to hear screaming.

"What the heck?" I pull over and get out of my car to see people running in the opposite direction of where I'm facing.

"Hey!" I ask one man who's particularly terrified. "What's going on?"

"We're being invaded! Run for your life!" He yells, then continues running.

Confused, I go in the direction the people are running from and freeze.

A giant monster is currently lifting a car and is about to throw it at some nearby citizens.

"Hey!" I yell, without thinking.

It turns in my direction, staring at me with its small eyes. I realized it looks a lot like the Rancore from Star Wars.

"Why don't you pick on someone your own size!?"

It lets out an angry roar and throws the car in my direction. I quickly jump out of the way, nearly missing it. I look back to see it charging at me, ready to crush me with its large head. I quickly lift up my hands and shoot ice at its head, covering it in ice. It slides to a halt just inches from my body, and stands on its legs, trying to break free. I take that moment and run as fast as I can away from it, only to hear a sound like glass shattering ten seconds later. I look back and see it breathe out purple fire, quickly melting the ice stuck to its head.

"Oh crap." I mutter, as it turns in my direction. It gets ready to charge again, when an object suddenly flies through the air and hits it in the head. It gets knocked to the ground, roaring in pain but quickly gets up and looks around for its attacker. I see the object fly through the air again and hits it again in the jaw. I follow the object with my eyes and see a man with a red cape catch it.

"Thor!" I shout excitedly. I saw him on the news whenever he fought with Loki and he was my favorite Avenger, I also had a slight crush on him. Another man materialized from a green light and I recognized him as Loki. About two months ago I had also seen on the news that Loki had redeemed himself, and joined the Avengers, but I was still a bit skeptical to trust him.

I watched as the other Avengers came in and surround the monster. There was Iron man, Captain America, Hawkeye, Black Widow, and the Hulk. I never thought I'd see them in person and watched with excitement.

The Hulk ran towards the monster and punched it in the face while Hawkeye shot several arrows at its eyes. The beast roared and punched the air blindly, I gasped as it nearly missed Iron Man, who was flying above it. He shot at it with a blaster and it fell to the ground dead. I breathed a sigh of relief, only to see two more appear from the other direction.

"Behind you!" I yelled, pointing to where the monsters were. They saw me and looked to where I was pointing, they immediately ran towards the other two monsters. Captain America threw his shield at the nearest one and it bounced off his head and like a boomerang, then returned to him. Loki summoned a spear with green magic and threw it at the second beast, imbedding it in its stomach. I gasped in horror as I saw the first one pick up my car and throw it at Iron Man, who dodged it easily. I had just paid it off! And there it went, crashing into a skyscraper.

I looked to see the second one roar as Loki climbed on top of it and stab it's shoulder with a dagger. I gasped as it flung him off easily and he hit the ground hard. I watched as it inhaled deeply, getting ready to spew its purple fire at him. Without thinking, I ran forward and stepping in front of him, made a large shield of ice right as it breathed its fire. I looked behind me to see Loki get up, staring at me wide eyed. It suddenly hit me how handsome he was, with his raven hair that fell loosely around his shoulders, and those bright emerald green eyes staring at my (e/c) ones.

I felt the pressure on my shield cease as the beast stopped fire breathing. Loki quickly ran in front of me and threw a large spear into it's neck. It let out a strangled roar as it fell, dead. I looked back to see the first monster dead and the rest of the Avengers coming in my direction.

"That was impressive." Iron Man said, removing his mask.

"Thanks." I responded shyly. The Avengers were talking to me!

"What's your name." He asked.

"Y/N L/C." I replied.

"Well Y/N, we would like you to come back to the tower with us, we have a few questions for you."

"Ok." I reply. What could they want with me?

Meme

Hope y'all enjoy the prologue! This is my first xreader fanfic so don't be too hard on me lol