Chapter 18: Happy Birthday

It took a while to stop Loki's nose bleed, Steve got him good.

"Why isn't it stopping!?" He asked angrily as I grabbed yet another tissue.

"I don't know." I replied. "If it makes you feel any better, I think you gave him a black eye."

He chuckled. "Serves him right."

He suddenly sneezed, causing blood to spray all over my clothes and for me to let out a shriek.

"Sorry." He said, grabbing a tissue and stuffing it up his nose.

I stood frozen not really knowing what to do but burst out laughing.

"Why are you laughing?"

"I...don't...know!" I wheezed.

My laughter seemed to be contagious, because two seconds later we were both laughing to the point of tears.

Eventually the bleeding stopped, and we both went back to the living room to find Bruce back and Steve with a swollen eye.

"Ha. I see my punch worked." Loki smirked seeing Steve's eye.

"Shut up." He said with an eye roll. "At least I look tough."

"Ok! I think it's time we all go to bed." I said before another fight could break out.

"Good idea." Tony, Nat, and Clint all said in unison.

***
Loki pov

I woke up at 6 the next morning and slumped into the living room for some coffee, only to find Nat and Tony already up and hanging streamers from the ceiling.

"What in the world are you guys doing?" I asked.

"Getting ready for (y/n)'s surprise party." Nat replied, stepping down from the latter she was on and examining her work. "Today's her birthday."

I froze. "Wha- that's today!?"

"Uh yeah." Tony replied. "You of all people should know that."

I cursed.

"Watch it." Tony commented. "We should keep today pure for (y/n)."

"Says the guy who scared that poor old woman last week with the language he used while fighting that guy from Hydra. You deserved getting whacked with her purse."

Tony looked like he was about to retaliate when Nat interrupted.

"Girls, girls, your both pretty, but let's get back to work. Loki, you should have time to go to the mall and get her a present before we start the party."

"Alright, thanks." I replied, heading for the door.

"Um one thing. I wouldn't recommend going out in your pajamas."

***

Your POV

I woke up pretty late that morning at around 9:15. Why didn't my alarm go off? I got up and used my bathroom, then dressed and headed for the living room only to be stopped by Nat.

"Hey (y/n)! I was thinking we'd go out and grab some donuts for breakfast. What do you think?"

I was still groggy from waking up so I didn't catch anything except for donuts, so I just said yes.

"Great!" She grabbed my hand and the next thing I know, we're driving to Dunkin'.

Loki POV

I couldn't find anything that would suit her, I checked all the dresses, shoes, and jewelry stores in the mall, but still found nothing.

"Maybe I just missed something." I muttered, heading back into the previous jewelry store. I looked around but still found nothing.