Chapter 22: A Friend From Work

To no one's surprise, Thor immediately challenged the Grandmaster's champion and soon, were all sitting in his V.I.P box, ready to watch the fight below.

I sat next to Loki on the Grandmaster's couch, sipping my drink. "Do you think Thor will beat this guy?"

"I hope not." He replied. "I placed a bet on the champion."

"You what? How much!?"

He winced. "$5,000."

"If the Grandmaster wasn't here I'd show you my rage, Loki Odinson."

He cringed as I spoke his full name.

"Everything all right over there love birds?" Grandmaster asked us.

"It's been better." I replied.

"Y'know if your boyfriend is bullying you, you could always sit by me." He smirked flirtatiously.

"He's not bullying me, he just did something stupid."

"Well my offer still stands." He said, getting up. "I'll be right back, I gotta introduce the audience. That'll give you some time to think about it."

Loki immediately put his arm around me protectively. I noticed a dangerous look in his eyes.

A few minutes later, ships suddenly flew into the middle of the ring and a hologram of Grandmaster suddenly appeared.

"Wow! Look at all of you!" It said. "What a show. What a night. Hey, who's having fun?"

The crowd responded by cheering loudly.

"Please, I'm your host. A big round of applause for all of our undercard champions who today, died so gruesomely. Good sports."

The crowd cheered again, but I clenched my fists in anger.

"Ow." Loki said, looking at me.

I had accidentally crushed his hand. "Sorry!" I whispered.

"Don't be. I know how you feel." He reassured.

"What a show! What a night!" The hologram continued. "This is what you've come for, and so have I. And now, without further ado, its main event time. Making his first appearance, though he looks quite promising. Got a couple of tricks up his sleeve. I'll say no more, see what you think. Ladies and gentlemen I give you...Lord of Thunder."

A short-haired Thor walked onto the field as the audience booed him.

"Watch out for his fingers they make sparks. Ok, this is it! Let's get ready to welcome this guy. Here he comes." He said, rubbing his hands together excitedly.

There was a sudden explosion of green fireworks. This guy was famous.

"He is a creature. What can you say about him?" The hologram continued as a pair of metal doors opened. "Well he's unique, there's none like him. I feel a special connection with him."

Thor put on his helmet, and got into his fighting stance as the opposite pair of doors opened.

"He's undefeated. He's the reigning. He's the defending. Ladies and gentlemen I give you your incredibleeeeeeeee..."

The doors were broken down by a large and familiar green guy.

"Hulk!" The hologram finished.

Me and Loki's jaws dropped in shock as Thor screamed. "YES!"

"I have to get off this planet." Loki said, getting up but was stopped by Grandmaster.

"Hey hey hey, where you going?"

"Bathroom." He lied, sitting back down.

"Hey! Hey!" Thor shouted towards our box. "We know each other! He's a friend from work!"

Grandmaster immediately stopped clapping and looked at us with a confused expression that Loki ignored, watching the match nervously.

"This is where you've been on your vacation?" Thor asked. "So much has happened. I lost my hammer, which happened yesterday so that's still pretty fresh. Oh! And Loki and (y/n) are here! They're up there." He pointed to our box. "Hey! Look who it is!"

Loki stared in a stunned silence, while I nodded and waved slightly.

Thor tried talking to him but I could make out what he was saying because of the crowd, suddenly Hulk jumped up to pound Thor, who barely dodged the attack. But right as he got up, he was smashed to the side. He got up quickly and drew a pair of swords, making Hulk roar and rush towards him, smacking him again into the wall.

"Here we go." Grandmaster said, rubbing his hands together. Me and Loki exchanged a worried look, this would definitely be interesting.

Hulk threw his hammer at Thor, who ducked just in time. Hulk then charged at Thor, who to everyone's surprise, managed to grab Hulk's hammer and smack him into the wall and send him flying a pretty good distance.

"What?" Grandmaster said, shocked. Loki had begun to fidget nervously.

Thor slowly walked towards Hulk and held out his hand, trying to calm him down, when Hulk grabbed him by the ankle, and began smashing him repeatedly into the ground before throwing him.

"YES!" Loki shot up. "THATS HOW IT FEELS! I just really love this sport." He added quickly, seeing Grandmasters expression.

Thor got up and the two broke out into a brawl, Thor hitting Hulk repeatedly with the hammer, but eventually it broke into a fist fight. Thor had somehow managed to crawl onto him, but Hulk soon, jumped backwards, smashing him into the ground. Thor quickly got up and grabbed his hammer, but as he went to hit him, a green hand shot up and stopped the hammer.

The three of us leaned forward, ready for the next move.

Hulk punched him, sending him flying, then landed on top of him and began to repeatedly punch him in the face.

Me and Loki winced while Grandmaster chuckled.

Something seemed to snap inside of Thor, because lightning suddenly coursed throughout him. He punch Hulk, sending him flying backwards with a bolt of lightning. Grandmaster shot up, while me and Loki just stared.

The crowd began to chant 'Thunder' as he got closer to Hulk, ready to win, but suddenly ceized up and fell over, causing the crowd to boo.

I looked and saw a smirk on Grandmaster as he tucked something into his robe.

Hulk jumped high into the air and brought down the finishing move on Thor, the audience cheered as Hulk beat his chest triumphantly.

I moved to get up and punch the Grandmaster in the face but Loki pulled me back. "Not yet." He whispered.

*breathing heavily* I posted yay! I may not for another while because I have several other fanfic ideas so I apologize for the inconvenience. I WILL CONTINUE THIS DON'T WORRY.