Chapter 3: Attack On Broadway

3rd person pov

We all made our way to Broadway to find four of the Manticore-like aliens going after pedestrians and destroying public property.

"Ok, guys here's the plan." Tony said. "Me and Steve will take the one to the far left, Nat and Hulk will take the one currently lifting a car, Clint and Thor will take the one to the far right, and finally Loki and Y/N will take the one that's chasing those-LOOK OUT!" We all ducked as a car flew past our heads, smashing into the building behind us. Tony let out a few curse words and earned a glare from Steve. "Avengers, let's do this."

Me and Loki ran after our Manticore-thing that was currently chasing some civilians.

"Hey! Over here!" You yelled, waving your arms.

The beast turned towards you and roared loudly.

"Try and distract it, I have a plan." Loki said.

You nodded, then waved your arms, grabbing its attention and ran in the opposite direction from Loki.

"Hey you big brown turd! Come and get me!" You shout.

The beast immediately charge at you, running at full speed. You quickly summoned an ice-long-sword and dodged it right as it was about to hit you. Once off to the side you drove the ice-sword into its side. It roared loudly and you immediately noticed steam rising from the wound. Ice must be its weakness. A battle cry made you look up to see Loki jump onto the beast and drive a spear into its neck, the beast immediately fell dead.

"Not bad for a mortal." He commented, getting off its body.

"Thanks." You replied, unsure how to take that compliment.

"Oh! I think I found it's weakness." You said, motioning for him to follow. You ran to where you stabbed it, and gasped.
The wound was nasty-looking. It was purple around the edges but as it got closer to the wound, it became a blackish blueish color. The wound itself had a small trickle of blood running from it upon a closer look, you noticed the ice acted like an acid towards it.

"Oh my word." Loki said, staring at the ugly sight.

"You did this!?" He asked, pointing at it.

You nodded.

He looked at you and you noticed a gleam of something in his eyes. Before you could ponder it thought he spoke again.

"Come, let's go help the others." He said, summoning another spear.

"Right behind you." You replied, summoning another long-sword.

You ran towards the others to find there was only one more beast left.

Tony flew towards it, getting ready to do some kind of move, only to get swatted off to the side and land hard.

"Tony!" You shouted and ran to where he was laying.

"Are you ok?" You asked, helping him sit up.

"Yeah." He said after a moment. "Might've broken my arm though."

You heard a roar and turned your head to see the monster fall to the ground, it's head nowhere in sight.

"Good work, guys." Steve said, putting away his shield. "I think that was the last one."

You helped Tony up and made your way to where everyone was standing.

"You alright Tony? That was quite a beating you took." Nat asked him.

"Yeah, I will be. Probably broke my arm though."

Nat winced. "Let's get back to the tower then."

***************

Once back at the tower you changed into your nurse uniform and went to help Bruce with Tony. You arrived to see Tony in a chair and Bruce looking at his x-rays. You noticed a large purple splotch on Tony's arm and saw it hanging at a weird angle.

"Yeah that looks broken." You commented.

"Thanks." Tony said sarcastically.

"It is broken." Bruce replied. "It doesn't need surgery but it does need to be set."

You went over to Tony and watched as Bruce set his arm. "Y/N can you hand me that cast over there, please?" He asked.

"Sure." You replied and handed it to him

5 minutes later Tony's arm was wrapped up and in a sling, and the rest of the Avengers were in the room talking to him.

"That was some pretty good fighting." You heard Loki's voice say quietly as he stood next to you.

"It's nothing." You replied, wondering why your face felt hot all of the sudden.

"You might want to summon and ice pack, your face looks like there's a fire underneath it." He teased, elbowing you.

You suddenly remembered the monster's reaction to the ice.

"Oh! Guys!" You said and everyone looked at you.

"While me and Loki were fighting one of the monster's, I discovered it's weakness might be ice, or anything related to it."

"What makes you say that?" Nat asked.

"Because when it charged at me, I stabbed it with an ice-sword and it acted like some sort of nuclear acid and melted it's insides."

"That would make since." Clint said, nodding. "A fire enemy having a bad reaction with ice...I think your right."

You smiled, then suddenly noticed Thor giving Loki some kind of look and Loki immediately shook his head as if he was saying no to something.

"Alright, we'll have to look into that later." Tony said, getting up. "In the meantime, who wants some lunch?"

Lol sorry this chapter was short and not the best. I spent the night at my grandparents and was crammed into a bed with my sister and mom, and I'm very tired.

So...uncomfortable...(no joke I almost moved to the floor lol)

Memes