Chapter 1: Greetings

3rd person POV

"So how long have you had your powers?"

"I was born with them."

"Is ice your only power?"

"No I can also do illusions, but I'm not very good at those."

"Have you ever had a trainer?"

"No, I'm self-taught."

You were at the Avengers tower and were being interviewed with Nick Fury himself! You were in a small room with him, which only consisted of two chairs and a table.  You were both excited and nervous, hoping nothing not to embarrass yourself.

"Show me what you know." He said, putting down a pen he was using to write with.

You nodded and made a rather sloppy sculpture of a bird, but it looked more like a camel. You then snapped my fingers and it began to snow in the room. You then tried an illusion to make myself look like Taylor Swift but based on the face he made you guessed it didn't turn out.

"Not bad." Fury said, writing something down. "With proper training you should be able to master your illusions. Who were you trying to look like?"

"Taylor Swift." You replied, looking down.

"Yeah your gonna need some training." He replied, chuckling slightly.

"Who did I look like?" You asked, worried.

"Danny DeVito." He replied.

"Oh." You buried your face in your hands, greatly embarrassed.

"Hey it's alright, you never had any proper training." He said, trying to reassure you. "So how would you like some training? And more importantly...to join the Avengers?"

You froze. You had just been offered to become an Avenger! You almost said yes, but then remembered you had just got your first job after four years of collage, and that would mean those four years were all for nothing.

"I don't know..." you said hesitantly. "I just graduated collage and today was my first day of work, if I said yes then I would feel like I just wasted four years of collage."

"What was your major?" He asked.

"Nursing." You replied.

"How would you like to be not only an Avenger, but Dr. Bruce Banner's assistant? He could use the help."

You thought for a moment.

"Sounds good to me." You replied at last.

"Great." He got up and shook your hand. "Welcome to the team, Y/N."

************

You exited the room you were interviewed in to find all the Avengers there, waiting to hear what happened.

"Avengers." Fury said, gesturing to me. "I'd like you to meet your newest member, Y/N L/N."

Captain America came forward and shook your hand.

"Nice to meet you." He said, smiling.

"You too Mr. America." You said, trying to be polite.

"Call me Steve."

"Ok, Steve."

Tony Stark walked up, and shook your hand.

"Welcome to the team." He said with a wink.

"Thank you Mr. Stark." You said, blushing.

"Tony." He corrected.

"Alright, thanks Tony."