Kabanata 7

Third Person's POV

Sara is doing another coffee run. This will be the last for the day. Palubog na rin ang araw at makakauwi na siya.

But the highlight of her day these days is when she gets to talk to her old friend, Robin when they are on rehearsal breaks. When Robin tells tales of their high school escapades, Sara feels less empty.

Nangapa siya sa nagdaang siyam na taon ng buhay niya. It was almost as if she was dictated what to do or how to act, just because she has forgotten the core memories of her life. Thankfully she had Christina and Amenah-- her best friends who guided her. Hindi niya alam kung saan siya pupulutin kung wala sila.

Kontento ba siya sa naging buhay niya ngayon? Oo naman. Maybe it's her losing her memories that she would rather live a simple life rather than being accomplished as her friends did. She was never jealous of them. Masaya na siyang nakakakain ng tatlong beses sa isang araw. Masaya na siya kapag napapanood niyang lumubog ang araw.

Pero alam niyang may kulang. At alam niyang tungkol ito sa kaniyang nakaraan.

Now that Robin's here to fill in, she has something to look forward to. She doesn't wish to remember everything anymore, just to know the bits of her past is enough for her.

Sara wished that Bongbong would cooperate. Because she is starting to think that he hates her.

"Here's a good story, Sara," Robin started after sipping from his coffee, "Noong first year tayo, napalabas tayong tatlo sa room habang klase ng Science."

"Seryoso?" manghang sabi ni Sara.

Bongbong did not miss how adorable Sara is when she was smiling from ear to ear forming her face like a cute snowball. She's still the same.

"Bongbong, tell the story," nagulat pa si Bongbong nang tawagin ni Robin ang pangalan niya. Hindi siya kailanman naging ganito ka kabado sa mata ng nakararami, lalo ngayon na nasa kanya ang mga mata ni Sara.

"Oh," nag-aalangan niyang pagsisimula. Bong cleared his throat before speaking, "You answered all sir Ronald's questions five times in a row. Noong nagtawag na siya ng ibang kaklase, ginatungan ka namin ni Robin na mainis, you called sir Ronald bias kahit di mo alam ang ibig sabihin, tapos inis na inis na ang tono mo kaya tinawanan ka namin. But our classmate heard and told sir Ronald," Bong told the story with almost no enthusiasm because of nervousness, but Robin was there to save him.

"Kasalanan mo Sara, we had to spend the rest of the period outside the classroom. Masyado mo kasing ginagalingan."

Sara was laughing because of the story. Even Duke and Herbert are amused by the trio's high school escapade.

But Bong's eyes are solely focused on Sara during the rest of their break.

***

Matapos ang mahigit isang linggong trabaho ni Sara bilang runner ng banda, nakaugalian na niyang panuorin ang paglubog ng araw sa balcony ng ikatlong palapag bago umuwi.

"You still love watching sunsets," napitlag si Sara nang biglang magsalita si Bongbong sa tabi niya.

"Sir Bong," pagbati niya at umayos ng tayo.

"Bong nalang."

"Tapos na practice niyo, Bong?" tanong ni Sara habang ibinabalik ang tingin niya sa papalubog na araw. He joined her, but instead of staring at the sunset, his eyes are locked on the woman's face illuminated by the golden beams. Her eyes hold the stars in the universe.

When it comes to Sara, he can't help but be poetic.

"Not yet, but Herbert has to go to the restroom. Aksidente niyang nainom ang kape ni Duke."

Sara was alarmed by this fact. "Lactose intolerant siya."

"Don't worry, hindi mo kasalanan," he assured her. "So, sunsets? Bakit gustong-gusto mong panoorin?"

Napatingin si Sara kay Bongbong, kaya naman mabilis niyang iniwas ang tingin, "What was my reason back then?" Bong shrugged so Sara just continued. "It comforts me. Alam mo yun, pinapaalala sa akin na endings can be wonderful, too."

Umawang ang labi ni Bongbong sa pahayag ni Sara. "I'm reminded, you had the same answer 10 years ago."

"Talaga?!" Excited naman si Sara. She's smiling so wildly again, Bongbong is afraid her cheeks will tear soon.

Bongbong hummed.

"Nice," Sara again watched the sun as it sets while Bongbong continued to watch her.

As the sun bid its final farewell, they sat in comfortable silence, sharing a moment of serenity. With hearts brimming with gratitude, Bongbong knew that this shared sunset was a testament to the beauty of their bond. And with hopeful anticipation, he looked ahead, eager to witness the chapters yet to unfold in their intertwined lives.

***