The hotel

"Hey Maya, can you put on some Taylor Swift?" Valentine asked. "Uhm no. We play normal, calm music.Not loud pop music." Maya said to Valentine, rolling her eyes and crossing her arms. For some reason, half the staff at the Hotel didn't like Valentine. Maybe because she was the only respectful person at the hotel and people liked her. The other staff were all bitches. They were all in love with their boss, Oscar. He had dark, messy hair.He was serious about his work and never had time for a social life. That was maybe the reason why they all were wrapped around his fingers. Speaking of which- Literally a few seconds after Maya gave Valentine sass, he walked by. Her attitude changed like the weather. All of a sudden, she was all smiley and friendly.

"Really.." Valentine muttered to herself.
She never really liked her boss. Although she occasionally annoyed him throughout the day. He just punished her with the night shift.You might be thinking. How is the night shift bad?! Well, only drunk people and Karens came by at night. Either they would be yelling at Valentine about how they should get a free room since they have been out all night and their kids are starving or they would just hit on Valentine. Depends on the person, can you guess which ones are which? Anyways- as I was saying Maya's mood changed like the weather. "Oh hi, Oscar!Nice day out today?" Maya said, smiling and giggling at him.
"Oh, yeah, I guess it is a nice day today." He said, shrugging and walking on. Once he was away, Maya turned to Val and said, "Ha!He talked back to me, take that! Maybe it's the start of our love for each other!" Maya said, boasting and holding her hands together to her head.

All these girls were delusional here. They all think that once Oscar talked to them back it was the start of their love story. Luckily theres guys at this hotel here too! But they are way worse. They are all in love with one girl.
Her name was Leylani. If beauty was a person-then she would be beauty. Because she was beautiful! She had long, brunette hair, clear skin, and the perfect body. But ofcourse low and behold. She was also a big bitch. Actually-she was the bitch.
All the girls loved and hated her at the same time. Dont know how it's possible, but it is.
Valentine watched the clock in anticipation. She just wished the time would go faster-her best friend Nikki's birthday party was that night. As she was lost in thought thinking about what she was going to wear and what was going to happen at the party she felt a little tap on her shoulder.
"Shoot. I've been caught.." she thought to herself and turned around. In her face was Oscar."What does he want now?!" she thought.

"Hey, you better not sleep on the job. There are people waiting in front of you, and you keep looking at that damn clock. So do your job, or I'll extend your shift for today." he said with a serious face, and he was angry. "Alright, Alright, it was just a few seconds." she rolled her eyes and turned to help the people in front. "When you're done with your shift, meet me in my office, Valentine," Oscar said, walking back to his office. "Urgh..what does he want me now for." she thought while helping the people in front of her. She knew he wouldn't fire her, but he would punish her."Please, just don't give me nightshift.." she thought.

After an hour, her shift ended."Alright, time to see what Bossman wants from me now." Valentine said as she got up and walked towards Oscar's office. It wasn't awkward for Valentine, she's been to his office a lot. It's becoming concerning for her work life. As she entered the office, she heard some snickering and giggling behind her. Of course, it was Leylani and her minions. Valentine didn't even bother to put up a fight. But they did.
"What did you do now, Val? Tickle Oscar?" Leylani said. "No, but soon enough, I'll be in there for beating the shit of you," Valentine said over her shoulder. "Pfftt.I'd like to see you try." Leylani scoffed."Urgh.." Valentine groaned as she walked into the office.
"Yeah, yeah what do you want," Valentine asked, crossing her arms and giving him a serious look. "Well, I can see you're in a bad mood. Anyways, I'm here to talk about your attitude. Its come to my attention that you have been very sassy and talking back to others lately." said Oscar sternly."I can't keep on punishing you with nightshifts because you never learn. So this is your first and final warning, so if you do not get your act together." he stayed quiet for a few seconds before talking again

"I will be firing you." Oscar leaned into Valentine's face."So please, be my guest either you get your act together or you will get fired." Oscar said with a serious face. "I'm sorry for acting like that but-"Before Valentine could continue, he interrupted her."No buts. I don't want to hear your explanations or complaints." He said, crossing his arms. "Now I believe your shift is over. So go on, go do whatever you need to do, and I expect you to not have sass or a bad attitude tomorrow. Got it?" he said, facepalming himself."Yes, I got it." Valentine said with a sigh. She turned around and walked out the office. Leylani was luckily not there anymore-but she probably heard the whole thing and is going to try and provoke her. Valentine sighed for the last time and went into the lockers to go get her belongings. She thought to herself about how she didn't think that he would threaten to fire her. And what if he did fire her? What would she do? As she walked out the exit to her car she saw the person, whom she didn't think she would ever see again. The person who vowed they would never talk or meet her again.