The party

"Hey Val, good to see you again," Lucas smirked. "Uhm, it's not good to see you again. We swore to never talk again." Val crossed her arms. "Aww, come on, Val! It was 5 years ago! Get over it -" he chuckled. "You cheated on me 9 times.." she looked at him in horror.
"What can I say? I'm popular with the ladies!" Lucas shrugged. they stayed silent for a bit. "Well, I better get going now.." Val said awkwardly and started walking towards her car. "Well, I would love to catch up, Val~Call me, you know my number," he answered smugly. She rolled her eyes and walked to her car, but before she could get in-she heard loud laughter behind her."Not this again.." Valentine muttered under her breath.

"I heard your conversation with that guy over there. Mind telling me what's happening?" Leylani smirked as she awaited an answer. "It's none of your business, Leylani. If you weren't so nosy and stopped having your nose in the air, then maybe I would tell you." Valentine replied. She didn't want to put up a fight or else she would get fired. Leylani wasn't having it at all, she wanted no-needed to know what was happening with Val, not because she cared about her, she just needed to know so she could go gossip to everyone and turn the whole story around."Come on, Val~ I'm your friend! Friends tell each other secrets!" she pleaded. "Listen here, Leylani.No means no whether you like it or not. This isn't middle school anymore, where I should tell you all my secrets." Valentine explained.

She turned around and got into her car. One small problem though...Leylani was at the back of her car-she couldn't drive off unless Leylani moved. They waited for a few minutes before one of the guy's employees came to take her out of the way. He was too busy worrying about Leylani to even notice that Val had already ridden off toward her apartment. He turned to go scold her but she was nowhere to be seen. He shrugged and offered to walk with Leylani inside. She refused because she was thinking about how to spread gossip about Valentine. Meanwhile with Valentine, she was driving home furious. First she gets threatened to get fired, then she meets her ex again-who most probably trying to get her back and last but not least was Leylani, who was trying to get up in her business and spread gossip about her.

"URGH! Can this day get any worse?!" she yelled as she got to a red light. She breathed in and out. Life was never easy for her. It's like she was dipped into bad luck when she was a small child. The stoplight turned green and she drove off to her apartment building. When she got to her apartment she felt as if she was being watched..something wasnt right. So she closed the door and went to her kitchen to go make her a snack. It felt even more odd. Valentine opened the fridge and got some butter and when she closed the fridge and turned to spread it on the bread she came face to face with a strange tall man. Before she could speak he jumped onto her and she woke up."Huh?.." she muttered to herself. She fell asleep in her car. It was strange enough that she felt as if she was being watched. But now she was sleeping?! Valentine shook her head and opened the car door and got her belongings. She headed up to her apartment, this time she didn't feel like she was being watched. She walked into her kitchen and started making herself a snack. She was excited about Nikki's birthday. It was a girls night, no boys at all! They were going to go swimming, baking, and just have a fun time. Valentine needed this. She needed to spend time with people she likes and can get along with. So she was very excited.

As time went on, the time came to get ready for the party. Valentine had picked a short red dress and a white and light blue bikini for swimming. She was ready to go! She grabbed her keys, wallet, gift, sunscreen, and purse. She walked out the door and locked it. She went down to her car and drove to the party venue. It was going to be a night to remember. The temperature was perfect! Not too cold to not go swimming and not too hot that you melt! She pulled up to the venue and opened the car.No colleagues or boss tonight telling me what to do! She got her gift out and walked in and met with her Bestfriend. She looked so beautiful. She had a midnight blue dress on with her curly black hair down.No one could steal her spotlight tonight. Valentine went to put her gift with the other gifts."Hmm.." she thought to herself."Hey, Nikki-how many gifts have you received?" Val asked in a soft voice."Oh well, I've counted six already, including yours...Why?" Nikki replied in a confused voice."Well, I don't want to cause any trouble, but one of the six gifts is gone.." Val said in horror, turning towards Nikki. "W-What?.." Nikki stuttered as her eyes widened. "Ones missing?!" she panicked."Val, please say you're joking!"Nikki pleaded as she grabbed Val's shoulders."I wish I was, but Im not joking.." she said sadly. It went silent for a few minutes before something caught Valentine's eye."I might know who took it." Val said before walking over to the suspect.

"Hey Kiara!" she greeted. "Oh hi Val! Long time no see, how's it going?" Kiara said with a warm smile. "Look, you don't have to act innocent right now. I know you have one of Nikki's gifts." Val said, crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow."W-what? What do you mean? I didn't steal Nikki's present!" Kiara stuttered. It was clear she did. She was always a nice girl but very sneaky. She use to steal erasers and pencils daily. She must of had a whole army of erasers and pencils because the kids at school started keeping track on when she stole an eraser and pencil. She had so many erasers and pencils that they had to use two whole papers. That was one year. Anyways. "Ugh..fine.I took one of her gifts. But not because I stole it. It's because something broke in it. Look!" Kiara showed her what was in the bag. She wasn't lying! It was a set of plates, bowls, and cups. Half of them were broken."Also, this is my gift, look." Kiara showed the gift tag. It was hers."Oh, I'm so sorry, but you should have just told Nikki that your gift broke and you are going to replace it." Val said, crossing her arms. "Oh. Wellyou're right. I'm sorry for not saying that I was going to replace my gift.." she said, looking down."Well, it's alright. I'll go tell Nikki right now. Well, I hope you find a replacement quick-the party is beginning in an hour, so yeah, Bye!" Valentine waved goodbye to Kiara and walked back to Nikki.

"And? What did she say?!" Nikki asked in a panicking voice."Nikki, it's fine! It's her present, and she said that something broke in her present, and she's just going to replace it." Valentine said, calming Nikki down. "Phew, thank you so much, Val! I dont know what I would do without you!" Nikki hugged Valentine. "Awh, thank you, now where's that wine you promised me?" Valentine chuckled. They walked off and sat down with the other girls. The party went great. Everything was going smoothly! Until it was time to cut the cake. Just before they were about to cut the cake, they heard a voice."Oh, I'm so sorry for being late, Nikki!" said the voice. It was very familiar. Too familiar.."Oh and Valentine? What are you doing here." the voice said when she saw Valentine. It couldn't be...what was she doing here?!"Leylani...?"