Truth or Dare

"No, no, no, I should be asking what you are doing here."Leylani crossed her arms. Valentine tried to think of why and how Leylani was connected to Nikki."Uhm..excuse me answer me!" Leylani snapped her fingers in front of Val's face. "Oh, sorry-Erm... Nikki is my best friend.." Valentine raised her eyebrow. "Alright, you two clearly have some horrible history together-but let's not ruin Nikki's birthday. Come on, we're about to cut the cake!" Kiara said, gesturing to Leylani to come stand by her. She put her gift away and kept looking at Valentine out of the corner of her eye. They all cheered when Nikki cut the cake. "Happy 23rd birthday, Nikki!" The girls cheered. They all took a slice of cake and ate it. They were all joking around and remembering memories when Leylani had an idea, "So anyone up to play some truth or dare" she smirked."Of course, she's going to want to play that game..she just wants to know everyone's secrets." Val thought. She was right but would never say it out loud, she didn't want her best friend's birthday to be about herself. Nikki was going to get the best birthday party. All the spotlight will be on her not on anyone else. "So Val wanna play with?" Leylani asked, smirking."Hmm, sure!" Agreed, Val. She wasn't going to decline and be no fun. She wanted to take advantage of this

chance."Alright! Nikki is the birthday girl, so let's start with you~" Who do you pick?" Val smiled. "Hmm.. how about Mia!" Nikki decided."Truth or dare?" asked Nikki. Mia thought about which one she would choose."Truth!" Mia said."Alright. Is it true that you have a crush on the bartender?" Nikki asked, smiling. Mia chuckled. "Well..he is kind of cute, and I might ask for his number, so yeah.." whispered Mia. "Oe la la~" teased Nikki."Alright, my turn!" Mia said. An hour went by with them playing truth or dare, and it seems like everyone is choosing truth. They are too scared to choose to dare because they don't know what the other person could dare them! After 5 rounds of going around, it was Kiaras' turn again. "Who do you choose Kiara?" asked Nikki."Hmm..Leylani!"This is going to be fun." thought Val. "Truth or dare?" smiled Kiara. "Hmm. How about.." she looked at Val and answered. "Dare." she grinned at Val. That wasn't normal at all. It usually meant that Leylani was going to throw the spotlight onto herself and cause drama."Ooo, finally a dare!" Kiara cheered. "Alright! I dare you to.... call the dude you have a crush on and ask him on a date!" Kiara smirked. Awh man. She had a bunch of options to choose from, and she chose that! Of course, low and behold, she called Oscar. That annoying ass. "Hey Oscar~, so I just wanted to ask if you wanted to go on a date with me tomorrow?" asked Leylani in a flirty voice. There was a bit of silence when she spoke again. "Alright!Goodbye!" Leylani hung the phone up. "And?!" asked the girls. "Well. He said yes!" Leylani smiled, then her smile turned into a smirk. "I guess I stole your man Val. Ironically, your name is Valentine, but you can't get a man." Leylani snickered. "Alright.. let's not get into that right now Leylani. It doesn't matter that Val can't find a man yet-she just hasn't found the right one!" Nikki smiled at Val. "Thank you." mouthed Val. "You're welcome!" mouthed Nikki back.No matter what, she knew Nikki would always have her back! "Alright, time for some real fun ladies, Valentine.Truth or Dare." Leylani narrowed her eyes toward her. "Hmm.." Val thought for a minute. If she chose to dare, she would ask something absurd, but then again, if she chose the truth, she would have to reveal a dark secret probably. "Hmm, I choose truth." Val smiled confidently that Leylani wouldn't ask something too personal. She anyways has a brain the size of a pea.

"Ooh..ok, Val, is it true that you don't like Kiara?" Leylani smirked as all the eyes moved towards Valentine. "Uhm. Why would you ask? Of course not! I love Kiara, she's been my friend since middle school!" Val smiled at Kiara."Oh really?Mind explaining this then?" Leylani pulled her phone out and played a recording.
"I.. don't...like.Kiara!" The recording played. "Really, Leylani?" said Nikki, dropping her eyes low. "I told you that you aren't allowed to start drama-and that recording is so fake!" she crossed her arms. "Ugh, fine.." Leylani rolled her eyes. "But wait, I have one more thing to ask you, Val!" Leylani said as her eyes lit up. "Yeah, what is it?" Val raised one eyebrow. "Is it true that your ex wants to get back to you?" she grinned, and everybody turned to look at Valentine."Valentine?" asked Mia."Is this true?" asked Nikki. They were all asking questions. "I dont know, and you shouldn't know about it. Let's not focus on me, alright? Let's focus on Nikki!" replied Valentine with a serious face."No, no, I like watching your drama. Go on-its entertaining," Nikki chuckled. "Nikki?! Aren't you going to back me up here?!" asked Valentine, looking back at her. "Sorry-I don't think I can help here," Nikki said. "Well, is it true? Is your ex trying to get back with you? Are you going to get back to him?" Leylani smirked, crossing her arms. She enjoyed this. She couldn't wait to tell everybody at the hotel tomorrow about the party."I said it's none of your business. Now, can we just please move on?" Valentine turned around and walked to her friends. "Alright alright-Im anyways getting hot. But first.." Nikki said. "Mia has to go ask the bartender for his number!" Nikki grinned."Awh man, I thought you forgot about that!" Chuckled Mia. "Well, I mean, you gotta do it! You said that you were going to do it yourself." Nikki giggled."Awh alright fine.." Mia said as she walked to the bar. The girls all watched Mia ask for the bartenders number. He gave her a paper and she walked back calmly. "And?!" asked Celeste. "Well..he gave me his number and..he asked if I could go on a date with him!" Mia giggled.

"See! I told you he would give you his number!" Nikki teased Mia."Alright, let's go swimming!" said Val. The girls put go outside to the swimming pool where the sun was setting and it was now the golden hour. They put their swimsuits on and got into the pool. The pool was nice and cool. Some of the girls stayed above the water talking and tanning. Then suddenly something happened.
"Hey, I'm not tall enough to walk in the deep side- and I don't think I can swim in that area, so can you guys not push me there?" asked Valentine when Celeste asked if they wanted to play Marco-Polo. "Of course! We would never do something that someone is uncomfortable not doing!" answered Celeste. "Right, guys?" she asked. "Of course!" "Yep!"You can count on us! Dont worry. " "Thank you, guys!" said Valentine. "No problem, now let's start. Who wants to be Marco?" asked Celeste. There was a bit of silence. "Oh, seems like we are going to have to do 21 fingers!" said Celeste to break the silence. They played 21 fingers, and Valentine was chosen."Awh man, seems like Im it! Alright, it's fine." Valentine smiled and turned around three times and closed her eyes.

"Marco!" she yelled. "Polo!" someone screamed from a corner. She swam over there and swam all over, "Marco!" yelled Valentine again. "Polo!" yelled somebody from in front of her. She swam forward and towards all the splashing. "Marco!" she yelled again. "Polo!" she heard from behind her. Before Valentine could turn around, she felt somebody grab her leg."Wait! This is a part of the ga-" Before she could continue her sentence, she was underwater. Valentine wasn't a good swimmer. And she didn't have much air left. She heard her voice being called above the water. "VAL!" yelled someone. "VALENTINE?!" yelled somebody else from above. It was clear.. at that moment she knew that it was going to be her death. "VALENTINE WHERE ARE YOU!?" "VAL!"