Angel

"He's finally waking up..." said a voice that sounded far away but also close... "Sir...Sir..." said the voice again. "Sir!" it yelled for the third time and Oscar slowly started to open up his eyes. "Ah. You are awake." smiled a man, dressed in white. "I am your Doctor, Doctor Harry." introduced the Doctor to Oscar.

"As for why you are in here...my reports that I got from the police and nurses say that you were shot into your right chest and were losing a lot of oxygen and blood, am I correct?" explained and asked the doctor as he flipped a page over on his clipboard. "Mmhm.." mumbled Oscar, nodding his head. "Ah, I see. We performed emergency surgery and it was a success Mr.Harris." the doctor smiled at him.

"As for payment-" he was about to continue his sentence when Oscar interrupted him. "Forget...about the payment I'll be able to afford it...but what about Valentine..?" he asked in a slurred manner, still adjusted to the light and waking up. "Valentine..?" the doctor frowned. "Yes. Valentine, Mrs.Rodriguez..?" Oscar said in a concerned voice. "Uhm..we didn't find a Valentine Rodriguez at the crime scene, sir." The Doctor said in a concerned voice. "Are you sure you're okay? Should we leave you to rest?" suggested the doctor. "No. Take me to the crime scene," demanded Oscar. "Sir I'm sorry but-" the Doctor was cut off again. "Doctor Harry, Sam needs you in room 109." announced a nurse peaking into the hospital room. "Alright, Nick. I'll be there straightaway." the doctor turned back to Oscar. "I'm sorry sir, we cannot take you out of this hospital at the moment but please get some sleep." the doctor gave Oscar one last smile turned around, and walked out of the hospital room.

Oscar slammed his fist on the hospital bed. "Ugh!" he groaned. "She doesn't deserve any of the things that's happening to her.." he said letting his head down and sighing. "How did this even happen in the first place? If I had just kicked Lucas out of the Hotel and made sure Valentine was safe this would've never happened..." Oscar muttered to himself as a tear rolled down his cheek. "I shouldn't have made her go on fake dates with me. That was just stupid, thinking that I could pull out of old spy tricks.." he put his face into the palms of his hands.
"Where ever you are Val... I hope you are protected..." Oscar sighed.

A few hours later

Now and then Oscar got some pills to make sure that there was no bad bacteria left in his body. Oscar was determined that once his body was strong enough to run, walk, and drive them he would go out a find Valentine. "I can't lie to myself any longer. I have fallen head over heels for her... I love every bit of her, from her pin-straight red hair to her recognizable walk pattern." he sighed He had taken notice of how she did everything to every tiny detail... "During those last few months of 'fake dating,' I think I realized something important:

Time doesn't matter with somebody you love. Somebody who you would've only known for 2 years could make you feel like you've known them your entire life."

"I hope you find your true love.." said a voice from behind a curtain. "Huh? Who there?" asked Oscar unveiling the curtains. An old woman, probably in her late 70s, lay in the bed next to him. "Oh my, you sure are a handsome man." chuckled the old lady. "Why thank you ma'am." he chuckled. "Oh how I love young love...you remind me of my late husband.." the lady reminisced. "Oh, how come?" Oscar asked, smiling at the old lady. "His name was Andries...he had dark hair like yours and he was so kind and generous. I remember my friends in my high school years used to tell me how they used to speak about me. He used to notice everything about me and would tell his friends every bit that he loved of me and how I was so perfect..." she said. "But of course..it was forbidden love. I was just some poor old middle-class girl and he was rich..his family only wanted him to marry rich people so that his wife wouldn't be dependent on him.." she sighed. "But he ignored his family and their requests and so after I graduated from high school we became married and lived out our best lives..raising children and growing old with him... until he sadly got pancreatic cancer and passed away a few years ago..." she sniffed. The old lady looked towards Oscar and he was tearing up. The old lady laughed. "But I hope that you find your true love... and I hope that I meet my true love soon.." the lady smiled and looked up, giving a kiss up to the sky.

"Oh wow..." Oscar wiped his tears. "That is so sad and beautiful at the same time.." he sniffed. "What's your name?" he asked smiling. "Emma." the lady replied.

"Well, Emma you just gave me even more reasons why I should find Valentine." Oscar chuckled. "My boy, you should've known that the moment you got here. I heard you, the first thing you asked here was where that girl was.." Emma gave him a bright smile. "I can tell that she is a stunning girl.." "She is..." Oscar smiled. "So, what are you doing in the hospital? You seem pretty healthy to me." Oscar asked. "Oh me? Oh no I have unfortunately have dementia..." the woman sighed. "Oh I'm sorry to hear that..." he gasped. "Oh it's no worries... the doctors say I won't recall any recent events but I may remember things in my earlier life.." the woman smiled. "Like you told me about your late husband..?" he assumed. "Oh did I tell you that?" the woman looked confused at him.

They just sat there in silence and after a few seconds, they burst laughing. "I just hope that Valentine is ok..." Oscar sighed and muttered to himself quietly.